Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Two people found razor blades in their Halloween candy!

Two people found razor blades in their Halloween candy!

WTF is wrong with folks these days?

tricked.jpg

Ohio police are urging trick-or-treaters to carefully sift through their Halloween stash after two people said they found razor blades hidden inside candy wrappers.

One of the people found a blade and cut a finger while sorting through their candy on Halloween night, Colerain Township Police spokesman James Love told CNN. The person went to the hospital for stitches. No one else was injured.
    The two people who found the blades had trick-or-treated together in the same neighborhood in the Cincinnati suburb, Sgt. Scott Owen told CNN affiliate WLWT. They're not sure which of the houses handed out the tampered candy.

Link

On just one day out of the year, "Halloween", some people believe that it is a "Release" to be themselves or, to be someone or something humorous or scary; unfortunately there are those with too much imagination and too little self-control.

Fortunately, Halloween only comes around once a year; unfortunately, idiosyncratic behavior doesn't follow the calendar.

Cheap Metal Detector

https://www.candyindustry.com/topics...etal-detectors

Lots of hospitals are X-raying candy as well.
    "Where would we be without the agitators of the world to attach the electrodes
    of knowledge to the nipples of ignorance?" ~ Professor "Dick" Soloman

Been razor blades in candy ever since razor blades looked like this
    razor blade.jpgDon't make it right though. WTF is wrong with the species?
    Last edited by WZ7U; 11-01-2019 at 08:57 PM.

Like that post was...
    Moving on, my posts are not helpful

Once the idea is planted, some people think it's just a thing you do. They can make up all kinds of reasons to justify it. The main thing I suppose, is when society seems compassionless. What makes people lack the feeling of empathy? How many people are on the edge? When people are pushed, pushed to the brink, you start to see the real person behind the facade. Is what you see, what you will actually get or is the real face behind the mask a psycho clown?
    I feel that this article presents these thoughts in an analogy.

Events like these tend to pop up in clusters. Clown sightings are reported on social media and later covered by mainstream media.
    https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/b...-psycho-clowns

After about a decade of sanity the devil rears his ugly head again. At least this round was only two in a suburb of Sins And Naughty, Ohio, as you may remember the last spate was much worse. Some cling to old, pre Christian, Pagan beliefs of the British Isles when trick or treat was a threat. Why is it called Halloween?

Samhain is an Celtic word that some scholars think means “summer’s end,” and it marks the beginning of winter at the end of the harvest season. It was celebrated around November 1 when, it was believed, the dead arose for one night. OK, things are starting to sound familiar … Dressing in costumes resembling what are now called zombies derived from the Voodoo religion, monsters, witches, ghouls, and other fearsome things to frighten those foolish enough to open the door on the eve when they should have their doors locked, windows shuttered and lights out pretending they're not home to weasel treats from them with the familiar "Trick or treat?". Uh oh, better give them what they want or they'll do you dirty, and that was much worse that covering your house with toilet paper, throwing eggs, soaping car windows, and the stuff that goes on during Mischief Night the night before these days.

The other celebration, All Saints’ Day, honors all of the Christians saints. The Roman Catholic Church sometimes refers to it as the Solemnity of All Saints. Though this celebration does not bear a close resemblance to the festivities of Halloween (though historians say it is observed in Britain and Ireland on November 1 to replace or coincide with Samhain), it did give the holiday its name. The word Halloween is a direct derivation of All Saints’ Day. An old name for All Saints’ Day is All Hallows (or Allhallows), with hallow meaning “holy person; saint.” And, the night before All Hallows Even (meaning Eve). The phrase became shortened and the V became elided, yielding Halloween, and which is why Hallowe’en is sometimes so spelled to note the missing V. Halloween is recorded in the mid-1500s.

"Been razor blades in candy ever since razor blades looked like this"
    Men pissed off at cheap Japanese blades maybe? My "All American" old man swore by and swore at his so called "safety razor" loaded with deadly Gillette Blue Blades in one hand and styptic pencil tn the other.

"Clown sightings are reported on social media and later covered by mainstream media."
    Clown sightings are the stuff of really bad movies, Killer Klowns From Outer Space, Refried Pennywise now done twice (It and It Jr.), and the worst one of all... Gags The Clown, the ending will make you gag. Seriously Killer Klowns was funny, the first It (down here they all float) is a good reason why kids are scared of clowns, and Gags goes along with suspense until my black balloon popped at the end making me wonder why I wasted my time on it. If you see a clown holding black balloons on Halloween run like hell!

gags.jpg
    "The universe is under no obligation to make sense to you."
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

73 de Warren KB2VXA
    Station powered by atomic energy, operator powered by natural gas.

Quote Originally Posted by WZ7U View Post
    Been razor blades in candy ever since razor blades looked like this
    razor blade.jpgDon't make it right though. WTF is wrong with the species?
    October 31, 1967; sitting in Mrs. Whale's 1st grade class and she says, "Make sure you have your parents check all of your candy and goodies before you eat anything."

You're right, times have not changed.
    Stay healthy my friends.

Our teachers never pushed the razor blade thing, it was always "watch for needles, dressing pins etc" We were always taught to look for pinholes in the candy wrappers

Trunk or Treat is a Halloween trend. It might help.
    If the participants would agree to scanning.

Of course some degenerate asshole could hack it.

https://www.delish.com/holiday-recip...rick-or-treat/

"Where would we be without the agitators of the world to attach the electrodes
    of knowledge to the nipples of ignorance?" ~ Professor "Dick" Soloman

Here I come to rain on your parade again. (;->) Earlier I overlooked metal detectors, they have been used in the candy and processed food industries for years. Visiting a security guard friend in a candy factory closed for the weekend you discover things you get shooed away from on the tour, that is if they have one. Early on strong electromagnets were employed, later metal detectors as we have come to know them are used to discover metal slivers from processing equipment that sometimes get into candy and other food factory junk we pollute our bodies with.
    That cheap metal detector makes me wonder, wonder why a security guard, TSA agent, or Mafioso's bodyguard would use anything less than one of those U shaped things you see in the movies. It makes me wonder why anyone would use it to find nails and staples in wood, find one and you have to dig it out wasting time and messing up the work. When I was an electrician in a custom kitchen shop I learned the easy way is use all carbide tipped saw blades. Not only do blades remain sharp much longer, but cutting up scrap wood to make parts bins for the maintenance shop they went through metal junk like it wasn't even there.

That trunk or treat "pirate ship" takes me back to my childhood going "down the shore" with the parental units. Avoiding The Garden State Parking Lot (Parkway) dad took the back roads we passed The Pirate Ship. In a divided portion of Rte. 35 was the Cahill (sp?) insurance broker office in an authentic looking pirate ship, tall masts, rigging, and all. IIRC it was in Morgan named for frequent visits up Morgan Creek by Sir Henry Morgan, Welsh privateer, and Lieutenant Governor of Jamaica from his base in Port Royal. As a sidebar, I don't know how anyone can stand our New Jersey State Bird, vampires day and night, mosquitoes that inhabit salt marshes that dot the NJ coastline. Morgan is awful in summer and in a cold winter frozen solid. I'm sure He'd rather be in Port Royal with the rest of the REAL Pirates Of The Caribbean.
    "The universe is under no obligation to make sense to you."
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

73 de Warren KB2VXA
    Station powered by atomic energy, operator powered by natural gas.

Quote Originally Posted by KC2KFC View Post
    October 31, 1967; sitting in Mrs. Whale's 1st grade class and she says, "Make sure you have your parents check all of your candy and goodies before you eat anything."

You're right, times have not changed.
    Yep.

Was a thing in my neighborhood as well. Some people simply need their asses kicked.
    "Everyone wants to be an AM Gangsta until it's time to start doing AM Gangsta shit."