Thread: Rig Blaster Advantage Question

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Tribal Warrior

Rig Blaster Advantage Question

Hs anyone tried The Rig Blaster Advantage? Looking to find out if it's worth the money or should I look elsewhere? My Signalink is old and tired and needs to be replaced.
    The fall of this country will not be at the hands of a foreign enemy, but at the hands of the ignorant and uneducated of this country.

Been using one for a number of years now. It has never given me any problems.
    I use kenwood, icom & yaesu radios with it, the little plug in board they have
    makes it easier to switch the unit between different brands of radios.
    Here's a topless view ...
    Attachment 16625

AL7JK

Tribal Warrior
    Thanks I bought one.
    The fall of this country will not be at the hands of a foreign enemy, but at the hands of the ignorant and uneducated of this country.

Master Navigator
    The nicest thing I can say is that they have excellent tech support, and I needed it to figure the beast out. Once it was working, it was just fine.

Tribal Warrior
    What did you have trouble with?

Master Navigator
    I had problems getting it to key the transmitter as I moved from different modes to each other. I had it set to do 'hard' keying, but ended up using 'vox' instead for everything. It just didn't seem to make logical sense. I had it explained to me, and it made sense, but I soon forgot the explanation.

Tribal Warrior
    I have the Rig Blaster up and running. I did have a little problem with it, but it was on my end and not the interface. I got everything installed and I could see the signals on the waterfall, but it wouldn't decode. I played with it for a couple hours and still nothing. So, I left it for awhile and did some other things. I came back to it a couple hours later to try again. I was watching the waterfall and the signals seemed to be a little off. So, I resynched the clock and bang. It decoded like a champ. In fact it's decoding signals the Signalink would have missed. The software sets up the computer comms and makes the WSJT-X setup really easy. You just pick the Rigblaster for playback and record, set the levels and you're done.

Cool. I have two RigBlaster Plug-n-Play units.

Both are for Yaesu (FT-857/897) that work great.
    I have a simple cable adaptor for my TS-850.
    "Where would we be without the agitators of the world to attach the electrodes
    of knowledge to the nipples of ignorance?" ~ Professor "Dick" Soloman