Thread: ditching my Yaesu FT-2DR for a Kenwood TH-D74A ... any reason not to?

ditching my Yaesu FT-2DR for a Kenwood TH-D74A ... any reason not to?

The Yaesu doesn't get use (at least with YSF) because there's only one repeater here serving YSF.

The Kenwood radio gives me 220MHz (which is useful here) as well as the usual analog frequencies ... and I can augment it with a "hotspot" (i hate that word) to speak the other mutually-unintelligible protocols.

I'd sell the Yaesu with the desk charger, the cables and box, and the third-party software used to program it up.

Does this sound sensible? I feel like trying to sell anything to an amateur is potentially fraught with drama.
    "... and another thing about you democrats ... you all believe in science!" -- denny crane

The Kenwood has a more interesting receiver, with SSB/CW. 220 is cool.
    "Where would we be without the agitators of the world to attach the electrodes
    of knowledge to the nipples of ignorance?" ~ Professor "Dick" Soloman

that's what i was thinking. 220 is useful around here ...
    "... and another thing about you democrats ... you all believe in science!" -- denny crane

I really wish there was a 220 module available for the FT-726R as there is for the FT-736. We have a few repeaters in the larger cities around here and they're more active than their 2M/70CM counterparts.
    "Everyone wants to be an AM Gangsta until it's time to start doing AM Gangsta shit."

220 isn't *huge* here but it's definitely busy. on friday nights a bunch of 220 repeaters link up and we have a cross-country net.