Thread: Be Vewwy Quiet

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Schlemiel! Schlimazel! Hasenpfeffer Incorporated! That thing operates like a much larger version made out of a steel pipe that the Fish & Game Commie Mission uses to trap bears. One place I lived at had an awful squirrel problem, thankfully I found a trap in the basement like the one shown only with a single door. Unfortunately that's the only picture that shows the drop down door and latch, inside is a tilting flat piece of metal for a trigger and actuating rod. The ASPCA uses them to catch cats in abandoned houses when they're too elusive for chasing them around with big nets. You heard the phrase "it's like trying to herd cats", well, I've seen it done and it's funny as hell.

Shooting them is messy and painful? WTF do you care, they're WABBITS! Hu hu hu hu hu. Consider drowning is any less??? When you see the first one in spending several minutes frantically scrambling to escape, then wear itself out as it bobs around gasping for air and eventually stop moving ask yourself "What HAVE I done?" Then you'll buy a .22 rifle and a box of longs and do it the RIGHT way, hit it in the head or shoulder and it goes down without so much as a twitch.

Now if you want to elicit a really nasty revenge do what I did with that trap and the squirrels that were chewing up my coax and tearing insulation out of the walls, but first you need one of those real radios that can kill you or a KW amp., or at least the plate transformer from one. Find an AM Gangsta, they have lots of cool stuff. Next a trip to a high performance auto supply store for a spool of solid conductor ignition wire also just fine for hooking up remote power supplies. Last you'll need to rig up something you can stick into the trap without shorting out, if you can dig up an old CRT HV probe with a meter on it from a defunct TV shop one works perfectly. Use your noodle, you're a HAM, you can rig up a remote power switch and other nasties, it's best done outdoors because distressed rodents tend to spray urine everywhere. Drag over a boom box and play AC-DC's Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap nice and loud, when the screech owl gets to HIGH VOLTAGE stick it in. MUAHAHAHAAAaaaaaa.....

contact.jpgtrap.jpg

CONTACT!
    Last edited by kb2vxa; 09-09-2019 at 01:46 PM.
    "The universe is under no obligation to make sense to you."
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

73 de Warren KB2VXA
    Station powered by atomic energy, operator powered by natural gas.