Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Please fix adding image/video.

sterling-archer-27256147.jpg

Here's a data point -

Installed from my assortment of images; no issues, went right up first time.
    Last edited by WZ7U; 09-12-2019 at 09:53 PM.

Like that post was...
    Moving on, my posts are not helpful

PhD goat.jpg

Second data point -

Uploaded fresh from images I have locally. phD goat. Went right in.

Like that post was...

Patty-KD4WUJ-4-Singger Dalas[1].jpg

Third and last data point -

Found a random picture from a web search and grabbed its url and put it right in. Search term - Ham Radio. At least she is cute....
    Partially interesting sub data point - I've never put an image url in and forced it upstream before. First time for everything, huh?

For what its worth, all seems fine from CN86jc.

This was a test of the WZ7U radio alert system. Had this been an actual alert, odds are I would be buried under all the rubble and no amount of wishing it weren't so won't help.

Like that post was...

ABANDON-THREAD.gifI'm back out!

Even a moving gif of an appropriate size seems to work. All is well on the western front.

Like that post was...

Charles, when I click your attachment link, I get "Invalid Attachment specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator"

Which I did.
    Last edited by WZ7U; 09-12-2019 at 11:21 PM.

Like that post was...

Luke, I noticed you're removing the extra attachments. Thank you. I'll start doing it myself when I post.
    Question: How does it look on your end? Are you seeing two attachments or text stating an attachment plus actual attachment?

Quote Originally Posted by KG4CGC View Post
    Luke, I noticed you're removing the extra attachments. Thank you. I'll start doing it myself when I post.
    Question: How does it look on your end? Are you seeing two attachments or text stating an attachment plus actual attachment?
    I'm seeing a text reference to an image, then an actual image. I've been viewing the posts in source mode, and I think it's an issue with the file counter that assigns an attachment number to an attachment. The text reference never points to a valid image, and is always one less than the actual image number that displays.
    QAnon / GOP Republicans mentally lack the necessary intelligence to even tell a decent lie (Ex: A cabal of Satanic, cannibalistic pedophiles run a global child sex trafficking ring and conspired against former President Dotard dRUMPf during his term in office... Jewish space lasers, etc.). What in the hell makes anyone believe these melon heads can actually govern?

Example

I've had issues with the display not ignoring the tags within a set of code tags, but gonna try this again.

In Charles' post here: https://forums.hamisland.net/showthread.php/31296-HBD-Dan-mw0uzo?p=670252&viewfull=1#post670252
    , both the text reference to the invalid image, and the image are displayed.

When viewed in source mode, the post appears like this:

Code:
    {ATTACH=CONFIG}16531{/ATTACH}{ATTACH=CONFIG}16532{/ATTACH}
    Note that I had to use this bracketing: {........} in the code window to keep it from displaying the image instead of the usual square brackets. Apparently, tags, even within a code window, are still acted on.

In this example, attachment 16531 is not a valid. An error message is displayed:

Image 16532 is the one being displayed.

I can never recreate the error, but I'm running Linux (Ubuntu, Mint, Bodhi) most of the time. The SWF add-on is configured to ask 1st before activating (in Firefox).

BTW, to view a post in source mode, click on the top, left-most button in your editor:

I think this only works on your own posts. You would have to quote someone else's post to see it in an editor. We can edit any post, but as a rule, we usually don't unless its to correct an error.

And, finally, I had no problems posting either of the two images above. (Ubuntu 18.04.3 / Firefox 70.0.1)
    QAnon / GOP Republicans mentally lack the necessary intelligence to even tell a decent lie (Ex: A cabal of Satanic, cannibalistic pedophiles run a global child sex trafficking ring and conspired against former President Dotard dRUMPf during his term in office... Jewish space lasers, etc.). What in the hell makes anyone believe these melon heads can actually govern?