Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Please fix adding image/video.

Please fix adding image/video.

As the title says, please fix adding images and videos, adding images has gotten worse, now even trolling the slime ball is oozing toward not worth jumping through even more hoops. Honestly, it looks like the practice is being actively discouraged. Now the "select files" button at the bottom of the "insert image" box is blacked out. Clicking on it produces a drop down box about allowing Adobe Flash to run on this site, unless I click on "allow" the button remains blacked out. That is now in addition to having to jump through the edit hoop, so let's see what happens now when trying to post a video......

Well, that worked, now you can watch The Daily Show rip him a new one. The mindless cat 5 hurricane mouth strikes again, notice the Loony Toons circles altered just enough to avoid a WB copyright infringement.
    Last edited by kb2vxa; 09-07-2019 at 06:21 AM.
    "The universe is under no obligation to make sense to you."
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

73 de Warren KB2VXA
    Station powered by atomic energy, operator powered by natural gas.

I cannot duplicate the problem with Firefox. What browser are you using?
    --
    So there I was, totally naked. With only a rubber hose and a stuffed animal...

Quote Originally Posted by KD8TUT View Post
    I cannot duplicate the problem with Firefox. What browser are you using?
    FWIW... I haven't experienced the double image posting issue, but I can only use the basic uploader for images. It seems to require Flash for the advanced uploader, a good reason to just use the basic one. Browser is FF Quantum 69 64 bit / OS is Mint Mate 18.3.
    QAnon / GOP Republicans mentally lack the necessary intelligence to even tell a decent lie (Ex: A cabal of Satanic, cannibalistic pedophiles run a global child sex trafficking ring and conspired against former President Dotard dRUMPf during his term in office... Jewish space lasers, etc.). What in the hell makes anyone believe these melon heads can actually govern?

I'm using FF, don't know the version. It updates on its own.

Test image.

Kayakity-02.jpg

Still had to do it twice.

"I cannot duplicate the problem with Firefox. What browser are you using?"
    Firefox, same as Charles updated automatically. No not Charles, Firefox!

"I haven't experienced the double image posting issue, but I can only use the basic uploader for images."
    Interesting, it's not a double image issue, it's a having to edit and post again issue.
    "It seems to require Flash for the advanced uploader, a good reason to just use the basic one."
    Maybe for you, but I'm having to click on the "allow Flash" drop down, post (image fails), edit and post again, both with the basic uploader.
    "Browser is FF Quantum 69 64 bit"
    Once Mozilla got it together after the Quantum update fiasco that wrecked Firefox, the one that followed changed it to Quantum (32 or 64 by user's choice) for everyone. The latest update a few days ago added an anti-tracking feature. FYI, I searched all over hell's creation and couldn't find a way to find out what the latest version is, it seems only the developers know.

slut-virgin.jpg

Working at the airport is more fun than taking it from the British...

slutshole lane.jpg

But it's a LOT more fun living here!
    Last edited by kb2vxa; 09-08-2019 at 11:38 AM.
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

73 de Warren KB2VXA

I do not have flash installed... everything works.
    --
    So there I was, totally naked. With only a rubber hose and a stuffed animal...

I don't understand why it is so hard for you guys, I'm using the latest Google version.

212_wade.jpg

In the tool bar, I clicked on "Insert Image", used the basic uploader and inserted a picture, no dupe or issues

Next, I will insert a YouTube video

1. Find a video from YouTube, "Share" for the video url.
    2. Come to the message you are posting
    3. type "[video=youtube;[url]https://youtu.be/kaeRUn1KthA][/url] But delete the https url up to the slash.
    4. You now have "[video=youtube;kaeRUn1KthA]"
    5. To that add the url "[video=youtube;kaeRUn1KthA]https://youtu.be/kaeRUn1KthA"
    6. Close the bracket video=youtube;kaeRUn1KthA]https://youtu.be/kaeRUn1KthA[/video

In step six, I had to remove the brackets to keep it from displaying before I completed my little explanation.

In conclusion, I have added a picture without jumping through hoops to remove an unwanted image and, for those who don't know the easy way, I hope that you can follow my steps to adding YouTube videos.

Test video using click on the icon method:

[edit] video works ok here.

Flash is not so flashy, tried that, basic uploader fixed it.

For images from my PC's.

Latest Chrome and FF, same same.

No dead wabbit(s), yet.
    "Where would we be without the agitators of the world to attach the electrodes
    of knowledge to the nipples of ignorance?" ~ Professor "Dick" Soloman

"I do not have flash installed... everything works."
    That's the screwy part that was the last to happen and only recently. Maybe that web software feature detects Shockwave Flash and wants to use it, and blacks out the button unless I allow it. I have no idea why, swf is an Adobe Flash file format used for multimedia, vector graphics and ActionScript. Originating with FutureWave Software, then transferred to Macromedia, and then coming under the control of Adobe, swf files can contain animations or applets of varying degrees of interactivity and function. They may also occur in programs, commonly browser games, using ActionScript. So what does this have to do with jpg and other image formats? Browser games, so now it's playing games with my browser? (;->)

"In the tool bar, I clicked on "Insert Image", used the basic uploader and inserted a picture, no dupe or issues."
    You're one of those who has no issues with it while several of us do. Naturally that raises the question why are some "sick" while others are immune? To quote the king of Siam in The King And I, "This gets curiouser and curiouser."
    Since you're not the only one not having the problem and thus don't understand it, for those of you I shall illustrate it, the one picture worth a thousand words thing.

Attachment 16522

Once I get past the blacked out button on the simple uploader and think I'm uploading a picture this is what happens. What follows is what happens when I edit and repost the image.

Sakurajima Volcano Japan Lightning 02-21-13.jpg

This is a good reason not to get too close to an erupting volcano. If I simply edited and reposted without text in between the attach=config stuff would be at the lower left corner of the image. Notice how each image normally gets numbered sequentially, the first one that didn't "take" is 16552 while the one that did is 16523. As you say there are no dupes, the issue is images fail to display, we get text instead unless we edit, delete the text, and re-post the image.

I hope you guys get it this time, I'm tired of repeating myself and won't say it again. Best yet, I hope the boffins behind the scenes find out what's causing these problems and why they're being selective about it. Please find the gremlin and fix it before I go bugs. Incidentally, I have no trouble inserting video.

Last edited by kb2vxa; 09-09-2019 at 03:02 PM.
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

73 de Warren KB2VXA