Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Please fix adding image/video.

For Luke and the confused (;->) perhaps this will help. I'm using Firefox with SWF disabled, never mind which browser, the point is there is no SWF. If I were to simply post with an attachment only the invalid image number appears. If I then click on edit and again add the image it appears with the invalid number to the left. If I delete the number in edit and add the image, of course it appears without the invalid number.

Here's the reason why now none of my image attachments have a number to the left. Because first I post without an image, THEN click on edit and add the image, no invalid number appears, only the image. Please bear in mind all is done without SWF.
    "The universe is under no obligation to make sense to you."
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

73 de Warren KB2VXA
    Station powered by atomic energy, operator powered by natural gas.

Hokay, workaround figgered out.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by WØTKX; 11-09-2019 at 11:19 AM.
    "Where would we be without the agitators of the world to attach the electrodes
    of knowledge to the nipples of ignorance?" ~ Professor "Dick" Soloman

Especially to zip tie 12ga wire to for antennas

Like that post was...
    Moving on, my posts are not helpful

Forget the workaround, there are bigger fish to fry here since something went wrong with the board software upgrade and extensive rework. The nagging question that needs an answer is "Why does a straightforward post produce an incorrect image nymber while an edit produces the correct one?" The answer to that question will produce a solution to the problem, and I believe our admins know this. There is obviously a difference between then and now hiding in there somewhere in ST IV The Undiscovered Country.
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

73 de Warren KB2VXA

Quote Originally Posted by kb2vxa View Post
    Forget the workaround, there are bigger fish to fry here since something went wrong with the board software upgrade and extensive rework. The nagging question that needs an answer is "Why does a straightforward post produce an incorrect image nymber while an edit produces the correct one?" The answer to that question will produce a solution to the problem, and I believe our admins know this. There is obviously a difference between then and now hiding in there somewhere in ST IV The Undiscovered Country.
    Maybe we just like watching you complain. :P

We've got another major upgrade to go through before the end of the year. I'm not doing anything that's not related to security before that is finished.
    --
    So there I was, totally naked. With only a rubber hose and a stuffed animal...

Complain about what? Not this time, my complaints are in the politics forum. I'm patient, I have no problem waiting for any changes, maybe the next upgrade will fix what the last one mucked up. Praise where praise is due, I have great respect and admiration for the admins who keep this site up and running, more because you communicate where others don't.
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

73 de Warren KB2VXA

Quote Originally Posted by kb2vxa View Post
    Complain about what? Not this time, my complaints are in the politics forum. I'm patient, I have no problem waiting for any changes, maybe the next upgrade will fix what the last one mucked up. Praise where praise is due, I have great respect and admiration for the admins who keep this site up and running, more because you communicate where others don't.
    Yup. It's another big upgrade. This has been a long process of getting "up to date" across the board. So the next step is more complicated than the last.

It's not something I can't handle... but with the new job I have to be careful enough time is set aside to do it.
    --
    So there I was, totally naked. With only a rubber hose and a stuffed animal...

Since the next step will be more complicated than the last it looks like you have your work cut out for you. Setting enough time aside shouldn't be a problem, thinking about it is always worse than doing it. I know, that's how it goes in my little world, thinking back when it's over I wonder why I thought it was such a big deal. Not so long ago I went through a hell of my own creation upgrading Minya, the name I gave this the son of Godzilla computer, he's a beast like his deceased father that gave life to him just like in the Japanese rubber kaiju (giant monsters) movies I'm so fond of. If I planned it all out thoroughly before launching the project everything would have gone smoothly in a couple of days, not the month and a half of chaos it was.

Like Obiwan's spirit said to Luke use the Force and all went well I suppose my spirit can say nobody cares if you're totally naked, toss the rubber hose and stuffed animal. Use The Fluid of Spock, Mike, use The Fluid of Spock.

BTW I still have those three songs you published in my music archives and there they shall remain.
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

73 de Warren KB2VXA