Thread: Thumbs up / down

Thumbs up / down

Why would it not be a good idea to add little "thumbs-up /thumbs-down" icons in the individual messages so that folks can express their approval or disapproval to a message that was posted.

I think that this would be a "Value added" feature.

Quote Originally Posted by koØm View Post
    Why would it not be a good idea to add little "thumbs-up /thumbs-down" icons in the individual messages so that folks can express their approval or disapproval to a message that was posted.

I can see some some snarky turdwad from Zedland coming over and abusing that to no end! However, if each thumbs up/down had the voter listed in a public manner, that might give those who's intent is abuse some thought and be a good deterrent to said abuse.

honestly, i don't see the value it adds. facebook is considering a significant reduction in the value of reactions by making the numbers behind the reacts not visible. this is the least effort contribution any participant here could make.

i don't particularly object, but i don't think this is necessary.
    "... and another thing about you democrats ... you all believe in science!" -- denny crane

I've got mixed feelings about it as well. Sometimes I just want to click like when someone says something I like. On the other hand, I seem to prefer the old school method of just posting something.

However, I can make the feature happen assuming the community asks for it.
    --
    So there I was, totally naked. With only a rubber hose and a stuffed animal...

Quote Originally Posted by W5BRM View Post
    I can see some some snarky turdwad from Zedland coming over and abusing that to no end! However, if each thumbs up/down had the voter listed in a public manner, that might give those who's intent is abuse some thought and be a good deterrent to said abuse.
    I would not wanted it cloaked and, I would think the feature would be available to registered members only; there are a number of times that I disagree with something posted but, not enough to comment on; I would use them both for messages that I agreed with as well.

Because it would make the Island like a lot of other sites; click here to voice your pleasure/displeasure. I get excited about a post and I reply to it. Lots of times I like what someone said about something, not what they are commenting on. In those instances I'm inclined to give the like but post immediately afterward about not liking for the topic, but the response. Just in case anyone was wondering/gives a shit.

You guys do what you want, I have no real say in it since I haven't payed the freight for the site yet. It's a bitch living on SSD even with all the positioning we enjoy.

Like that post was...
    Moving on, my posts are not helpful

If I like or dislike something I can say so and say why.
    "The universe is under no obligation to make sense to you."
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

73 de Warren KB2VXA
    Station powered by atomic energy, operator powered by natural gas.