Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: End of an era and a new way of life

End of an era and a new way of life

Kind of a bittersweet weekend here. After 22+ years in our home, raising 3 children, and a grandchild here, we are starting to break things down to move to a new home. We're moving out west. About a mile west of where we live now, out of the city and in to the country. My wife and were married in the back yard here. I probably won't break the shack down until later in the week as I like to get up a little early and work a few QSOs in the morning before leaving for work. We close on Friday at 3 and will have the trailer loaded and ready to go. We will move the essential so we can spend the night and in the morning I'll get the straight truck with lift gate from work and use that to move the rest of the household stuff in one shot. Still not sure if I will be able to get the camper in the drive or not. Not a super issue yet as we're selling the old homestead to KC9ECH and I'm pretty sure he'll let me park my stuff here for a little while.

The new place is near the top of a hill, last place on a dead end road. Good potential for antennae and a bit more room to string out some longer wires. This winter is looking up for 160M.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I am surprised at such a sudden deterioration in a woman whose only ailment was a lazy anus.

Oh! That's a nice spot!
    Good luck with the move and may your memories live long and prosper.

Moving on up! Looks great, I hope the move is uneventful. Congrats

Like that post was...
    Moving on, my posts are not helpful

Thanks. Hopefully not going to be too eventful. Took the XYL to the Ashley Home Store over in Arcadia today and let her buy some new furniture. She in turn let me buy a new power recliner. I worked for Ashley from 90 to 97. Was fun going back over and even running in to some people I knew.
    I am surprised at such a sudden deterioration in a woman whose only ailment was a lazy anus.

Oh wow! That's much like my dream QTH, a bit too big for one, but I can share with my best friend, a fellow ham, and his wife downstairs. I had enough with footfalls above when I lived in a basement apartment and they're both rather heavy. Besides, shorter coax runs to VHF antennas on the roof means less loss and stronger signals. So much for my fantasy, I wish you and the famdamly the very best in the new castle, strong signals too. I just LOVE that view looking away from civilization, you know I'm every bit the savage.
    "The universe is under no obligation to make sense to you."
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

73 de Warren KB2VXA
    Station powered by atomic energy, operator powered by natural gas.

Thems your new digs? Nice! You did proper, sir!

Looks like a beautiful spot and a great balcony setup too. Post some pics of the inside once you get settled in. I would love to see the shack...i think we all would.
    The louder the monkey, the smaller its balls.

I'd love to see the shack as well. As of this particular moment, the shack looks like this:

A few other shots, from the realty listing. Won't look too different when we get moved in.

Oh yeah! I love that kitchen and fireplace, very cool. Hey, good score, Tom, and a great view too.
    The louder the monkey, the smaller its balls.

I'm looking forward to sitting in front of that fireplace this winter, watching the snow blow across the cornfield. I'm going to put a salt lick out for the squirrels, hopefully no deer use it. ;) Looking at a Polaris ATV with a blade for snow removal. Bonus, the end of the road where it enters the highway...supper club. The owner usually just gives me a glass and a bottle of Jameson and I serve myself. Now I'll be able to drive there and back on the ATV and never touch a public road. Chief of Police owns the field that I'll drive on the edge of.