Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: End of an era and a new way of life

Beautiful sun scene, a deal clincher for me!

cul de n8tb
    "Sadly, it always takes a few martyrs to get the ball rolling." Colonel Tim Boldman 2001
    "There are no differences but differences of degree between different degrees of difference and no difference."--William James
    "Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings." Victor J. Stenger

Sunsets and this view from the master bedroom. Also the bay window in the living room where I first spotted her before going upstairs to get a photo.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I am surprised at such a sudden deterioration in a woman whose only ailment was a lazy anus.

Well, you can forget about flower beds and a garden, young trees too, especially fruit trees. That is unless you hang urinal cakes out there, deer hate the smell of paradichlorobenzine. On the other hand you don't need to sit in a blind all day shivering. Venison tastes great, if you don't know it's like beef only a slight bit gamier. I was going to make a comment about a .22 and hasenpfeffer, but I remembered it doesn't taste right if not made with hare, snowshoe or jackrabbit in the United States. Hares are notoriously hard to find if you are not a good hunter, so do what everyone else does and make it with a weawy big waskawy wabbit. Hu hu hu hu hu hu.

beaster day wabbit.jpg
    "The universe is under no obligation to make sense to you."
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

73 de Warren KB2VXA
    Station powered by atomic energy, operator powered by natural gas.

We have an abundance of rabbit here. I was chasing one around the yard last night with a spotlight that I was shining for deer with from the deck. We survived a good part of the 70's on venison.
    I am surprised at such a sudden deterioration in a woman whose only ailment was a lazy anus.

I would imagine you have an abundance of rabbits, just as long as one isn't Peter Cottonhell from Beaster Day. It's one of the worst movies that should have never been made along with Birdemic and the Human Centipede trilogy that make Plan 9 From Outer Space look like a big budget A movie all alive and hell in my stinkers folder. I would imagine one would be spotlight shy, there are fewer raptors at night and you were blowing its cover.

When I lived in West Creek (if you don't pronounce it "crick" you don't belong) between a salt marsh and the Pine Barrens I noticed an abundance of rabbits and rodents, not by sight, but by sound. Those sounds revealed an abundance of hawks, the death scream of a mouse is a not so loud squeak, one of a rat is a lout screech, and that of a rabbit is unmistakable, it sounds like a woman's scream. I only saw the hawk when it was close and climbing with its lunch, otherwise at altitude they're barely noticable dots and they dive fast as a falling stone. Owls hunt at night so I don't know if any were in the area, any death screams or hooting would be drowned out by the loud bug chorus. I did notice loads of spring peepers, a variety of tree frog, that peep their mating calls in spring in twilight when the bug chorus is tuning up before the nightly concert.

Deer, WAY too many deer! For years New Jersey had a referendum up for vote concerning a mass hunt to thin the herd, each year it got shot down (sic) by the bleeding hearts indoctrinated by Disney. Oh horrors, no no NO! Don't you DARE kill Bambi! <grrr> The ham who owned the house I lived in had young trees planted in the back yard and each one had a urinal cake hanging from it. The city boy had no idea how wildlife thinks or why, he planted nightshade around the house thinking to poison the deer. They're WAY to smart, they've been around long enough to instinctively know what to eat and what not to proving Darwin wrong. Evolution is not survival of the fittest, it's survival of the SMARTEST. That's whu homo sapiens is still around while neanderthal died out. To wrap that one up, science gave up looking for the missing link because it does not exist. There were and are many species of great ape, some extinct, and no connection to Man, two separate species. homo sapiens aka modern Man is not evolved from them or from neanderthal, they were a separate species of human. Science has rewritten what we were taught in school. Back to the subject of way too many deer, outside of urban areas one cannot have flower or fruit and vegetable gardens even fenced in, wildlife, especially deer will find a way to get at them. A little farther south is Waretown that used to be a sleepy little town off Rte. 9, if you missed the sign directing you to cut off onto Main Street you'd have never known it's there. Mum's boss who owned the gift shop lived there and had a strawberry patch fenced in with chicken wire that didn't stop the box turtles digging under it. I picked one up and said "John, it's stime to harvest the berries before this little guy comes back with his cousins by the dozens." Back to the subject AGAIN, I was watching TV in the living room when I hard a loud BOOM and the house shook. I wished I had a gun as I switched on the outside lights and went out to investigate this occurrence out in the boonies 30 miles from the nearest city, Atlantic City. I saw no damage or any sign of what happened until the next day, there was a spot under the cedars on that side of the house where there was a deer path from the pine forest across the street to the larger one behind the property where the layer of needles was scattered about. 2+2= a small herd crossing the road got spooked by a car and ran down the path into the forest, one slipped on the loose needles and crashed into the house. You can't landscape with flower beds, you can't have a garden, you can't even watch TV without the bloody deer horning in!

"We survived a good part of the 70's on venison."
    More of you are needed in West Creek and surrounds where out around Warren Grove out in the Pine Barrens the land is dotted with hunt clubhouses and Rosie's diner with genuine home cooked food is a deer registration center. Now is it pork roll or Taylor ham? Debating the question with the locals can keep you occupied for hours.
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

73 de Warren KB2VXA

The critters have been active of late.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by kb2vxa View Post
    I would imagine you have an abundance of rabbits, just as long as one isn't Peter Cottonhell from Beaster Day. It's one of the worst movies that should have never been made along with Birdemic and the Human Centipede trilogy that make Plan 9 From Outer Space look like a big budget A movie all alive and hell in my stinkers folder. I would imagine one would be spotlight shy, there are fewer raptors at night and you were blowing its cover.

When I lived in West Creek (if you don't pronounce it "crick" you don't belong) between a salt marsh and the Pine Barrens I noticed an abundance of rabbits and rodents, not by sight, but by sound. Those sounds revealed an abundance of hawks, the death scream of a mouse is a not so loud squeak, one of a rat is a lout screech, and that of a rabbit is unmistakable, it sounds like a woman's scream. I only saw the hawk when it was close and climbing with its lunch, otherwise at altitude they're barely noticable dots and they dive fast as a falling stone. Owls hunt at night so I don't know if any were in the area, any death screams or hooting would be drowned out by the loud bug chorus. I did notice loads of spring peepers, a variety of tree frog, that peep their mating calls in spring in twilight when the bug chorus is tuning up before the nightly concert.

Deer, WAY too many deer! For years New Jersey had a referendum up for vote concerning a mass hunt to thin the herd, each year it got shot down (sic) by the bleeding hearts indoctrinated by Disney. Oh horrors, no no NO! Don't you DARE kill Bambi! <grrr> The ham who owned the house I lived in had young trees planted in the back yard and each one had a urinal cake hanging from it. The city boy had no idea how wildlife thinks or why, he planted nightshade around the house thinking to poison the deer. They're WAY to smart, they've been around long enough to instinctively know what to eat and what not to proving Darwin wrong. Evolution is not survival of the fittest, it's survival of the SMARTEST. That's whu homo sapiens is still around while neanderthal died out. To wrap that one up, science gave up looking for the missing link because it does not exist. There were and are many species of great ape, some extinct, and no connection to Man, two separate species. homo sapiens aka modern Man is not evolved from them or from neanderthal, they were a separate species of human. Science has rewritten what we were taught in school. Back to the subject of way too many deer, outside of urban areas one cannot have flower or fruit and vegetable gardens even fenced in, wildlife, especially deer will find a way to get at them. A little farther south is Waretown that used to be a sleepy little town off Rte. 9, if you missed the sign directing you to cut off onto Main Street you'd have never known it's there. Mum's boss who owned the gift shop lived there and had a strawberry patch fenced in with chicken wire that didn't stop the box turtles digging under it. I picked one up and said "John, it's stime to harvest the berries before this little guy comes back with his cousins by the dozens." Back to the subject AGAIN, I was watching TV in the living room when I hard a loud BOOM and the house shook. I wished I had a gun as I switched on the outside lights and went out to investigate this occurrence out in the boonies 30 miles from the nearest city, Atlantic City. I saw no damage or any sign of what happened until the next day, there was a spot under the cedars on that side of the house where there was a deer path from the pine forest across the street to the larger one behind the property where the layer of needles was scattered about. 2+2= a small herd crossing the road got spooked by a car and ran down the path into the forest, one slipped on the loose needles and crashed into the house. You can't landscape with flower beds, you can't have a garden, you can't even watch TV without the bloody deer horning in!

"We survived a good part of the 70's on venison."
    More of you are needed in West Creek and surrounds where out around Warren Grove out in the Pine Barrens the land is dotted with hunt clubhouses and Rosie's diner with genuine home cooked food is a deer registration center. Now is it pork roll or Taylor ham? Debating the question with the locals can keep you occupied for hours.
    TL;DR

Get a blog, your talent is being wasted here!

Create a blog

You can create and manage your own blog with Blogger.

Create a blog

1. Sign in to Blogger.
    2. On the left, click the Down arrow .
    3. Click New blog.
    4. Enter a name for your blog.
    5. Choose a blog address, or URL.
    6. Choose a template.
    7. Click Create blog.

Note: Make sure you comply with the Blogger Content Policy and Terms of Service.

Gleaning a corn field is not surprising with the tender shoots, apples, and other fruit on winter vacation.

The last time I created blogs was when I had a bad cold and they fell out of my nose. If my talent is wasted here there must be a dearth of great minds exchanging ideas. (;->)

Does Maury Blog count? He was a member of the ETS of NJ ARC that went sour causing good hams to quit and the K2ETS repeater became the 3-4/10-4 sewer pipe supposedly open yet chastising transient hams for using it. The "secret" 220 machine was much worse with the inner circle of elitist scum that thought they were the only ones that could use it. A friend and I would chat away for hours just to piss them off. I hope the influx of new/old blood caused the end of an era and a new way of life. I changed clubs as I moved around and noticed a curious thing. The only one I can call truly great is OBARC, the Old Barney ARC named for the light house officially Barnegat Light on the northern end of Long Beach Island guarding Barnegat Inlet. The reason is simple, they're the only club without a repeater and associated petty politics and squabbling.

Barnegat Light.jpg
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

73 de Warren KB2VXA

Tekally kiqhoff ioshdsiu teh otherkeller fen fohlja. 20 habih assembny tu utoerod a misuhgriju pashafehed. Griswod a jabilken teh hrd skillnop. Yucya bargda ed muysfa brundewder? Tescarnet nen bitrot ot boldenca missoup.
    Ginthroap sassoap teh washinjute quinono a hoap. Twitsa gud deya 4-A leanera. Saddlefaz mestopia glutenburg enguflate het wen doh.
    Meh. Fazza fazza menhopellia? Nenebuta.

Tekally kiqhoff ioshdsiu teh otherkeller fen fohlja. 20 habih assembny tu utoerod a misuhgriju pashafehed. Griswod a jabilken teh hrd skillnop. Yucya bargda ed muysfa brundewder? Tescarnet nen bitrot ot boldenca missoup.

Ginthroap sassoap teh washinjute quinono a hoap. Twitsa gud deya 4-A leanera. Saddlefaz mestopia glutenburg enguflate het wen doh.
    Meh. Fazza fazza menhopellia? Nenebuta.
    I took the easy way out and googled that, coming up with this as the first hit.

https://img.buzzfeed.com/buzzfeed-st...p=360:360;71,0

So "bit rot" and like that? I don't care if it is an anagram, I'll just leave it as bit rot.
    "Where would we be without the agitators of the world to attach the electrodes
    of knowledge to the nipples of ignorance?" ~ Professor "Dick" Soloman