Thread: Did Ohio lawmakers accidentally legalize marijuana?

Did Ohio lawmakers accidentally legalize marijuana?

Top law enforcers say yes.

On Wednesday, officials in Columbus, Ohio decided to no longer prosecute misdemeanor marijuana cases, 10TV reported.

City Attorney Zach Klein said the decision came after the state legalized hemp.

Last month, Ohio Governor Mike DeWine signed Senate Bill 57 into law. That bill legalizes hemp in Ohio, 10TV reported, and it changes the definition of marijuana to exclude hemp.

The issue is that the only way to determine the difference between hemp and marijuana is THC level. A THC level of .3 percent or less is hemp and legal. A THC level of over .3 percent is marijuana.

The problem is, most, if not all, crime labs in Ohio can only detect the presence of THC, not the quantity of it, according to 10TV.

Without a test to determine THC levels, it would be nearly impossible to go after any marijuana-related cases in Ohio.

So for the time being, marijuana has been legalized.

The Columbus City Attorney says not only will his office not prosecute misdemeanor pot cases, but he's also dropping any pending cases.

Linky-dinky

Which makes the dispensaries a moot point, right?

Like that post was...
    Moving on, my posts are not helpful

Quote Originally Posted by WZ7U View Post
    Which makes the dispensaries a moot point, right?
    Did you notice the "Italics"?

"FOR THE TIME BEING......"

These wingnuts cannot manage the "Medical" side; now they have complicated the issue even more by adding Industrial Hemp to the mix.

Police: "Sir, what are those plants growing in your back yard?"

Perp: "Officer, those are Industrial Hemp plants...."

Same thing happened here in South Carolina so the SC attorney general decided to reinterpret the law and told SLED to go to each store and seize all the hemp flower. Hemp flower for sale was signed into law by the current governor. The AG was "installed" by Big Pharma during the election campaign as SC is a huge pharma industry state. It's because of our water.
    Originally SLED said they couldn't tell the difference between hemp and marijuana so their solution was to ban it all. Then they got machines to test the levels of THC so all seemed OK. Then the AG pulled a full "I serve the corporations that put me in office not the people of South Carolina" move. Now people who invested in hemp flower in good faith in a business environment are getting hurt the most. They're not getting arrested but they're losing a shit ton of cash.
    What is wrong with this picture?

In two words, BIG PHARMA. That's the monster destroying many lives, and little of it has anything to do with marahoochie weed.

"Did you notice the "Italics"? "FOR THE TIME BEING......"
    No, I didn't until you drew my attention to it. It's hard to notice the difference when bold face is used, caps makes all the difference in the world. That's why I use it to EMPHASIZE something as opposed to all caps considered shouting and bad form.
    Yeah, for the time being until they sort things out and make us miserable again. Nixon created a Green Manalishi, a monster that will not obey the will of the people. We win a little here and there, the lines on the map move from side to side, and the big question is when will we win liberty for future generations? The Netherlands legalized it only because people cared little about it, the Amsterdam coffee houses catered to tourists. Here its a different story, everything is about money, its all about money, that Green Manalishi.
    "The universe is under no obligation to make sense to you."
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

73 de Warren KB2VXA
    Station powered by atomic energy, operator powered by natural gas.