Thread: Headed out to take some pictures

Headed out to take some pictures

I created a monster when I bought Eddies old Rebel XT all those years ago.
    I use that camera now and it is what I used for the trestle pictures in another post.
    I ended up with it when I got my wife a Canon EOS 5D. She loved the full frame camera.
    A couple years later I got her a Rebel T5. Did she pass down the 5D? Nope she used both.
    Fast forward to this week. I got a hell of a deal on an older Canon EOS-1Ds Mark 2. she is itching to get out and use it. She took her favorite lens off of her 5D and put in the new toy. I already know she is keeping the 5D too as it is a bit lighter and easier to use for the quick shots when walking through nature. I will continue with my old XT as I do not need anything with more bells and whistles.

a yankee living in the hind end of the bible belt
    some people are like slinkys, not really good for anything, but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

Attachment 17620Attachment 17621Attachment 17622Just a couple of pics from the old Rebel

some people are like slinkys, not really good for anything, but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

Tony - try posting your pictures from the advanced editor (Go Advanced Button). They don't seem to work from the Quick Reply editor.

Damned vBulletin, I never have been able to figure this one out...
    QAnon / GOP Republicans mentally lack the necessary intelligence to even tell a decent lie (Ex: A cabal of Satanic, cannibalistic pedophiles run a global child sex trafficking ring and conspired against former President Dotard dRUMPf during his term in office... Jewish space lasers, etc.). What in the hell makes anyone believe these melon heads can actually govern?

Lets try the XT pictures again
    Attached Images Attached Images

First picture was with the XT with an EF-S 10-18mm lens My picture
    The second was with the 1Ds with an EF10-35mm lens, My better half took that one.
    I believe there is a definite difference.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Just an improvement on your composition. Good shot.
    Take 10 shots, take 50 just for one good one. Sometimes you get lucky and you're one and done.

I took 5 shots and that was the best. She took one. lol I tend to take several and look for the best one. This was her first try with the camera.

Quote Originally Posted by kb2crk View Post
    I took 5 shots and that was the best. She took one. lol I tend to take several and look for the best one. This was her first try with the camera.
    Well, don't feel spanked. It's not a competition. Of course it isn't LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by KG4CGC View Post
    Well, don't feel spanked. It's not a competition. Of course it isn't LOL!
    She has a very good eye for this stuff. I am more of a point shoot and pray.....lol
    That was the reasoning for getting her the Next step up. In a few years it will be time for a newer version of the Camera she now has. In the meantime it is time to start adding to the lens collection.