Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bragging

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Bragging

You all know how proud I am of Little Miss Field Day.

She has her own website now... all sorts of her work posted there. Check it out!

https://www.jnotarius-scenic.com
    “Nobody is going to feel sorry for us. 90% of the people don’t care, the other 10% are glad it happened.” — Clint Hurdle, 2019

BAN THE DH!

Fudd's First Law of Opposition: If you push something hard enough, it WILL fall down.
    Teslacle's Deviant to Fudd's Law: It goes in, it must go out.

Just remember: Abraham Lincoln didn't die in vain. He died in Washington, DC

Cutch 2K!!

“Nero fiddled while Rome burned. Trump golfed.” — Bernie Sanders

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Very cool :) Thank you for sharing.

Ditto!
    "The universe is under no obligation to make sense to you."
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

73 de Warren KB2VXA
    Station powered by atomic energy, operator powered by natural gas.

Nice! Definitely a talented young woman.
    "Don't put it on the plate if you can't eat it!"

Quote Originally Posted by K4PIH View Post
    Nice! Definitely a talented young woman.
    Yes, she is! Despite being born with a major handicap... but she overcame me being her father.

Seriously, my father had a tremendous talent as an artist, and I’m glad to see that she inherited those traits from him.
    “Nobody is going to feel sorry for us. 90% of the people don’t care, the other 10% are glad it happened.” — Clint Hurdle, 2019

BAN THE DH!

Fudd's First Law of Opposition: If you push something hard enough, it WILL fall down.

Cutch 2K!!

Quote Originally Posted by W3WN View Post
    Yes, she is! Despite being born with a major handicap... but she overcame me being her father.

Seriously, my father had a tremendous talent as an artist, and I’m glad to see that she inherited those traits from him.
    One of her strongest traits seems to be the ability to keep an open mind and adapt. I recall not too long ago that she was interested in being a singer. Now, she's on 2 entirely different career paths which are hardly related to singing. Her ability to not become frustrated but instead show determination and flexibility are a great strength. She will do fine for herself, and you should be proud, Ron!
    QAnon / GOP Republicans mentally lack the necessary intelligence to even tell a decent lie (Ex: A cabal of Satanic, cannibalistic pedophiles run a global child sex trafficking ring and conspired against former President Dotard dRUMPf during his term in office... Jewish space lasers, etc.). What in the hell makes anyone believe these melon heads can actually govern?

Quote Originally Posted by ad4mg View Post
    One of her strongest traits seems to be the ability to keep an open mind and adapt. I recall not too long ago that she was interested in being a singer. Now, she's on 2 entirely different career paths which are hardly related to singing. Her ability to not become frustrated but instead show determination and flexibility are a great strength. She will do fine for herself, and you should be proud, Ron!
    Well, after her experience with the American Idol audition, she became a little disillusioned with professional singing.

Then when she got passed over (twice) for admittance to COPA in the Musical Theatre program (they audition something like 1500 kids — and take 30 - 35 at most each year, with a “diverse” group), she got a little disillusioned with acting.

She hasn’t given up on acting, though. After all, that is what professional wrestling really is.

But... not getting into the Musical Theatre program led to a recommendation that she try Scenic Design, and not only did she get accepted, but she found her passion. So sometimes, even getting screwed over can lead to good things.

BAN THE DH!

Cutch 2K!!

Looks like LMF should have no problems charting her own course in life. You're entitled to your proud papa status Ron, enjoy it.

Like that post was...
    Moving on, my posts are not helpful

Yeah, she's gone WAY beyond my mediocre talent as a sketch artist. But then it doesn't take much to bastardize into Manga those cartoons I watched on Saturday morning TV before mum chased me out of the house. As an aside, between good home cooked meals and plenty of exercise I didn't get fat like today's victims of Happy Meals, video games, and permissive parenting. Hey you fatties, GET OFF MY LAWN!

To borrow a title from Huey Lewis and the News, her future's so bright she has to wear shades. You see sets like that on Broadway and Hollyweird, but in The Big Time she's crossing several union lines. After a little homework to make a decision of which way to go maybe some day we'll see her name on the silver screen credit rolls. Go for it kid, follow the money!
    "The universe is under no obligation to make sense to you."
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

73 de Warren KB2VXA
    Station powered by atomic energy, operator powered by natural gas.

Time flies like an arrow... (and yes, fruit flies like a banana... )

Seems like yesterday we were returning from Weston VT after dropping off LMFD and her pile of stuff... and missing Hamvention weekend to boot, but that’s not important right now.

Almost literally was yesterday (more like 10 days ago) that we got back from a weekend trip to do a little (and I do mean a LITTLE) sightseeing... and pick up the bulk of her stuff.

(Found a great little farmers market on the way out of Weston on VT 100, literally ON the farm, fantastic white corn! And the sugar-free chocolate fudge at the Country Store IN Weston... wow, if I didn’t know better, I’d think it was bad for me!)

Just got a text. LMFD is waiting on the Greyhound to NYC, she’ll transfer at the Port Authority terminal to a westbound bus, and should be home sometime tomorrow.

And the best news is, she already has a gig lined up starting on Tuesday, after the holidays. She’s an adult for sure now! Which means... I can start charging her rent!

BAN THE DH!

Cutch 2K!!