Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bragging

"Found a great little farmers market... ...literally ON the farm, fantastic white corn!"
    Memories of NJ-202 lined with farms each having a farmer's market. One was a pick your own, instead of veggies on the table were baskets and cutters. "Tis the season for tender young white corn (oh so sweet) but get it while it lasts, the next growth stage is ordinary yellow. That doesn't last too long either, the last stage is cow corn, looks good but too tough to eat. Come fall the plants die and dry out, then it becomes decorative for Halloween and silage. There's my short story, set it to music and call it A Day In The Life Of A Corn. (Sorry John.)

"She’s an adult for sure now! Which means... I can start charging her rent!"
    But it's not Christmas yet Mr. Scrooge. Oh, may I have just one lump of coal for the fire?
    "The universe is under no obligation to make sense to you."
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

73 de Warren KB2VXA
    Station powered by atomic energy, operator powered by natural gas.

Oh yes, I remember US 202 from New Hope to Flemington. After I got my driver’s license, I got tasked with driving my younger brother to the Black River & Western on the weekends, where he was a volunteer. (They’ve since bypassed New Hope & Lambertville with a new toll bridge & rerouted 202 over the Delaware, but old 202 is now NJ 179 if memory serves)

Never appreciated those farmer’s stands when I was thin and had long hair... well, at least I still have hair, even if LMFD has turned it first grey and now white.

i’m going down to the W3PIE Gabfest in the morning, after the monthly club breakfast. I could take PA 43 both ways, a new 4 lane divided (toll) highway, but I’m planning on heading home on PA 51, just so I can stop at a stand or two and get some fresh ears of corn!

And... I’m not Scrooge. Yes, she’s going to pay rent, but not in cash. Chores. We’ve already discussed it.

That kid’s going to outshine her old man, let me tell you... and I’m proud of her for doing that!
    Last edited by W3WN; 08-30-2019 at 11:09 PM.
    “Nobody is going to feel sorry for us. 90% of the people don’t care, the other 10% are glad it happened.” — Clint Hurdle, 2019

BAN THE DH!

Fudd's First Law of Opposition: If you push something hard enough, it WILL fall down.
    Teslacle's Deviant to Fudd's Law: It goes in, it must go out.

Just remember: Abraham Lincoln didn't die in vain. He died in Washington, DC

Cutch 2K!!

“Nero fiddled while Rome burned. Trump golfed.” — Bernie Sanders

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Ah yes, the BR&W that changed routes several times in my train spotting daze, the NH&I across the river was easier to keep up with. They gave me a chuckle when the train with "The Mexican" on one end and a Diesel on the other was in the station and nobody was around. Along with the hollow chuffing of the air compressor I heard a small gasoline engine running on the other side of a coach, strange. I walked around the other side and there they were, a genset in the battery box and an air conditioner in a window... >POP< my bubble burst. There's nothing like an air conditioner to make a train wreck (sic) out of a steampunk fantasy. Speaking of air conditioners, it only gets worse. Window units were around in 1952 when the Western High Noon was made and there was at least one in a window at the Melody Ranch where some of the location shots were filmed. I caught a major goof and along with the movie I archived it, look above and to the right of Gary Cooper's head, a window air conditioner in the 1844 Wild West!

High Noon 1952 window air conditioner.jpg

"I still have hair, even if LMFD has turned it first grey and now white."
    I always knew you had some of the attributes of Moses.
    "And... I’m not Scrooge. Yes, she’s going to pay rent, but not in cash. Chores. We’ve already discussed it."

Tiny Tim.jpg

"That kid’s going to outshine her old man, let me tell you... and I’m proud of her for doing that!"
    I don't think the Islanders mind if I speak for all, we are as proud as you are. In a world sinking down one thing always holds true, the cream rises to the top. Congratulations!
    Last edited by kb2vxa; 08-31-2019 at 03:23 PM.
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

73 de Warren KB2VXA

It's always good to see your kid(s) doing great, it raises yourself as well.
    As my son works, staying mostly off alcohol, and just enjoys the occasional reefer here, he saves up, and has high work ethics.
    As long he is happy I'm not pushing him, did that enough at 32 he is old and wise enough to sort his own life.
    I've never been materialistic, just basic needs, some hobby, and get on in life, help out others when they need it.
    In the autumn of my life I'm happy with what I did, that is the most important part, looking forward to see our kids being successful in life they way they want to live it, not what is expected from them.
    "If the Republicans will stop telling lies about the Democrats, we will stop
    telling the truth about them." - Adlai Stevenson (1900-1965)
    “I’m not liberal/conservative, I’m anti-idiotarian.”
    At some point in the last 20 years, the left moved to the center, and the right moved into a mental institution

What are you talking about??? Seeing our kids being successful in life they way they want to live it IS what is expected from them!
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

73 de Warren KB2VXA

Congratulations indeed! That will be one of those lifetime memories I only wish as a kid I could have had. FB

Like that post was...
    Moving on, my posts are not helpful

Young person going places! If I'm still alive when he runs for President he's got my vote!
    "Don't put it on the plate if you can't eat it!"

Some kids have all the luck, congratulations to the rising stars! Hey, at least when he's president he won't worry about his birth certificate. (;->)
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

73 de Warren KB2VXA