Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 53

Thread: The 510 Thread

  1. #41
    Master Navigator
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Queensgate
    Posts
    2,036
    Quote Originally Posted by KG4CGC View Post
    And once again, those hospitalized were not vaping nicotine products. An important distinction since in the United States, they're going after nicotine vapes as well as THC vapes.
    I know there are others who know more about the THC vapes than I do. Perhaps a word from the experienced?
    "Smoke 'em if you got 'em (From a Licensed Ohio Dispensary) boys" .

    smoke_em.jpg

  2. #42
    The Fluid of Spock KD8TUT's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Lake Michigan Beach MI
    Posts
    2,095
    You guys may not know this... But I spent 10 years working in the tobacco harm reduction movement.

    By that- I mean I spent 10 years as a Director and Board Secretary for CASAA: http://www.casaa.org (Consumer Advocates for Smoke Free Alternatives Association)

    The truth is this: Vaping is not a vitamin or completely safe. But it's safer than tobacco. How do I know? Because I had a hand in funding studies that support that position.

    E-cig e-liquid made without consideration of the the ingredients (PG, VG, and some sort of flavor base) can be dangerous. Somebody screwed up the e-juice. Probably upstream in the supply chain (most likely China).

    That people are dying is horrible. But this lays right at the feet of the FDA. We told them about the possible problems. And instead of making regulations to foster the industry- they made regulations that made it near impossible for a non-Big Tobacco to open up shop. They killed an industry with about a 1000 startups.

    That's the truth. I was there for it.

    The anti-tobacco lobby see cigarettes going away- they need a new demon to stay in business. They don't care if they are right. So they are taking aim at a safer product and still allowing cigarettes on the market.
    --
    So there I was, totally naked. With only a rubber hose and a stuffed animal...

  3. #43
    "Island Bartender" KG4CGC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    EM84ru, Easley SC
    Posts
    48,434
    Quote Originally Posted by KD8TUT View Post
    You guys may not know this... But I spent 10 years working in the tobacco harm reduction movement.

    By that- I mean I spent 10 years as a Director and Board Secretary for CASAA: http://www.casaa.org (Consumer Advocates for Smoke Free Alternatives Association)

    The truth is this: Vaping is not a vitamin or completely safe. But it's safer than tobacco. How do I know? Because I had a hand in funding studies that support that position.

    E-cig e-liquid made without consideration of the the ingredients (PG, VG, and some sort of flavor base) can be dangerous. Somebody screwed up the e-juice. Probably upstream in the supply chain (most likely China).

    That people are dying is horrible. But this lays right at the feet of the FDA. We told them about the possible problems. And instead of making regulations to foster the industry- they made regulations that made it near impossible for a non-Big Tobacco to open up shop. They killed an industry with about a 1000 startups.

    That's the truth. I was there for it.

    The anti-tobacco lobby see cigarettes going away- they need a new demon to stay in business. They don't care if they are right. So they are taking aim at a safer product and still allowing cigarettes on the market.
    The problem here is not e-juice. The problem is black market THC cartomizers made in some guy's kitchen in Wisconsin. He used vitamin E as a mixing agent. When vitamin E is vaped it solidifies on the inside of the lungs causing suffocation.
    This isn't a vaping problem. This is an illegal drug problem. The regular e-liquid used for smoking cessation is not the culprit of the current health crisis. However, a representative in Utah claims that 84% of the e-liquid in his state contains opium.

  4. #44
    Lord of the Flies WZ7U's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Upper left - CN86jc
    Posts
    3,960
    Quote Originally Posted by KG4CGC View Post
    The problem here is not e-juice. The problem is black market THC cartomizers made in some guy's kitchen in Wisconsin. He used vitamin E as a mixing agent. When vitamin E is vaped it solidifies on the inside of the lungs causing suffocation.
    This isn't a vaping problem. This is an illegal drug problem. The regular e-liquid used for smoking cessation is not the culprit of the current health crisis. However, a representative in Utah claims that 84% of the e-liquid in his state contains opium.
    What a clusterfuck this development is. Who comes up with these faulty formulas besides idiots? Makes me think someone oughta be doin some time; a LOT of it.

    Like that post was...
    Moving on, my posts are not helpful

  5. #45
    The Fluid of Spock KD8TUT's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Lake Michigan Beach MI
    Posts
    2,095
    Quote Originally Posted by WZ7U View Post
    What a clusterfuck this development is. Who comes up with these faulty formulas besides idiots? Makes me think someone oughta be doin some time; a LOT of it.
    The formula is not complicated. Without flavoring, it's a 50-50 or 70-30 PG/VG mix with nicotine added.

    I make my own liquid all the time. It's so inexpensive... buy a liter of 100mg/ml nicotine, a liter each of PG/VG, run a few numbers through a calculator... mix proper amounts.

    *poof* you have e-juice.
    --
    So there I was, totally naked. With only a rubber hose and a stuffed animal...

  6. #46
    The Fluid of Spock KD8TUT's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Lake Michigan Beach MI
    Posts
    2,095
    Quote Originally Posted by KG4CGC View Post
    The problem here is not e-juice. The problem is black market THC cartomizers made in some guy's kitchen in Wisconsin. He used vitamin E as a mixing agent. When vitamin E is vaped it solidifies on the inside of the lungs causing suffocation.
    This isn't a vaping problem. This is an illegal drug problem. The regular e-liquid used for smoking cessation is not the culprit of the current health crisis. However, a representative in Utah claims that 84% of the e-liquid in his state contains opium.
    We who are close to the industry call that bathtub juice.

    There have been a few real mishaps in the last 10 years. One company shipped nicotine labelled as 100mg/ml but it was actually 325mg/ml. They got busted. I helped take it public with a nuclear chemist from Penn State who did the testing and provided verification.

    There have been other mishaps... stacked lithium batteries with either no protection circuit or insufficient amperage leading to an explosive outgassing of said batteries on low resistance coils. Lots of crap from China. The original e-juice coming into the country was from a company called "Dekang". Early vapers are still not sure what was in it.

    Oh... fuck Utah.
    --
    So there I was, totally naked. With only a rubber hose and a stuffed animal...

  7. #47

  8. #48
    Lord of the Flies WZ7U's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Upper left - CN86jc
    Posts
    3,960
    2News reporter Jeremy Harris talked to Beechtree Diagnostics about its findings. He'll explain why the lab says these numbers should not be taken as evidence, tonight on 2News at 10.

    Wouldn't want to use actual facts now would they?

    Like that post was...
    Moving on, my posts are not helpful

  9. #49
    Master Navigator
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Queensgate
    Posts
    2,036
    As I'm sure many of you know, the state of Michigan has temporarily banned the sale of THC cartridges in state licensed facilities while they do further testing to find out the main culprit (Which many of us in the community already believe to be Vitamin E).

    While yes, the cartridges in licensed shops are already tested, they have not yet been tested and cleared for filler such as Vitamin E.

    In the meantime, DISTILLATE darts (little glass syringes) are still available for refilling empty cartridges. Do NOT use RSO to fill a cartridge, and if you are told this by a dispensary employee, please educate them in how wrong this is. RSO contains fats/lipids, solvents, and other impurities that are NOT safe to smoke and it should only be ingested.

    Vape Brands to avoid at all costs include....

    • Cereal Vapes [Fake]
    • Chronic Carts [Fake]
    • Dabwoods [Fake]
    • Dank Vapes [Fake]
    • Exotic Carts [Fake]
    • Mario Carts [Fake]
    • Monopoly Carts [Fake]
    • Smart Carts [Fake]
    • Any Cali brand (Rove, Cookies [they only make Gio pods in Michigan so far], Brass Knuckles, Kingpen 710, Heavy Hitters etc.)
    • Crack Carts [Import Cali Oil]
    • Terpene Tanks [possible link to Vitamin E, Original Batches, not currently. No tests, based on patient/producer testimony check the comments]
    • Pure Michigan Oil [failed multiple third party tests for pesticides]


    Licensed brands that have failed before licensing include....

    • Platinum Vape
    • Midknight Express
    • Savage Sticks
    • Big Gas

    However these brands are licensed now, and generally considered safe, but not suggested by the majority of the community.
    Other licensed brands that do the job and are generally considered safe are...

    • Church
    • Drip
    • Monster Xtracts
    • Mary's Medicinal [half gram carts are better quality oil than the full grams supposedly]
    • Presto
    • Select Elite

    However, they are pricey for the quality that you're getting.

    The vape brands generally considered safe and suggested by members of our community are....

    • Claw [L]
    • Conscious Extracts
    • Denk Farms
    • Gooeyman
    • Loud Organics
    • Lightsky Farms [in licensing process]
    • Mitten Greens (NOT Mitten Extracts)
    • Permafrost
    • Valhalla [almost done with licensing]

    Brands marked with an [L] are licensed and can be found in licensed provisioning centers (yes there's only one)

  10. #50
    'Grumpy old bastid' kb2vxa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Lakewood, NJ
    Posts
    12,641
    As expected I see lawyers on TV and money found in this mess as asbestos is winding down. No, I don't sit and watch that commercial infested box of shit, only for background while eating lunch. If I were a defendant the grumpy old bastid in me has the tough shit defense that's entirely logical. One is smoking cigarettes has caught up to you, tough shit. The other for non smokers who started vaping, (why I have no idea) the risks have been published and are well known, despite them you did it to yourself... tough shit. If they're MJ heads it becomes either medical MJ was never meant to be vaped, tough shit, or Ebee* is jealous and cursed your vaporizer, tough shit. But seriously, bathtub juice is deadly and you know it, tough shit.

    * Ebee, the Evil Bong movie franchise, Tommy Chong The Eternal Stoner is back.

    Tommy & Ebee.jpg

    I never believed in substitutes, Substitutes by The Who excepted. (;->) I became one of those I quit easy enough and am clean, if I can do it so can you adamant anti smoking/vaping advocates. When I made the decision to quit, unfortunately too late, I cleaned house and steeled myself never to go back, withdrawal is rough and requires a strong force of will. May the force (of will) be with you. Then things calm down and in a few months it's all gone provided you stay out of the environment, stay away from smokers. When you don't see it or smell it, even a dog end (British for butt) stinks, stay away and you won't even think about it. When I finish this I'll stop thinking about it.
    "New Jersey, the most American of all states. It has everything from wilderness to the Mafia. All the great things and all the worst, like Route 22."
    Jean Shepherd K2ORS (SK) & WOR radio personality

    We live in a world where we have to hide to make love, while violence is practiced in broad daylight.
    John Lennon

    73 de Warren KB2VXA
    Station powered by atomic energy, operator powered by natural gas.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •