Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The 510 Thread

The guy in the video may have been using straight vegetable glycerin. It's smoother and produces denser vapor.

"You're VERY misinformed about vaping. That's not an opinion.
    And that ends that, it was going nowhere.

"As for geography, Mt. Mitchell isn't anywhere near where you place in another thread."
    That was a good way to confuse me. You made no dispute there, however it is you who are confused. I have been to Mt. Mitchell many times beginning in early childhood, the last time was hill-topping in the VXAmobile. Every time I tried to raise somebody on 146.520 all I heard was myself answering my call, some LID put a simplex repeater on the FM calling channel! I had an aunt and uncle who lived there in Highlands, not to be confused with Atlantic Highlands at the foot of the mountain on the shoreline. Grandma's family was shore people, during the war they parked on the mountain watching naval gun flashes on the horizon. I used to park with a girlfriend or two atop the Palisades overlooking the Hudson River, we called it submarine race watching, but I digress. Just out of curiosity where do you think Mt. Mitchell is? Now if Google Maps will cooperate I'll mark the spot, 460 Ocean Blvd, Atlantic Highlands, NJ now overgrown, the parking area, the binoculars, and Hofbrau Haus gone.

Mitchell wide.jpg

The close up map had to be shrunk to 640X480 to fit here and still show the whole top of the mountain making detail hard to see, I suggest you squint. (;->) That's how it's laid out today with new houses and a new high rise apartment building where the lookout in front of the Hofbrau Haus were. They were on Scenic Drive when it crossed from the bend in Ocean Blvd. to the bend in the present Scenic Drive. Now it's nothing more than a dual driveway for the high rise. Being prime real estate it's now littered with McMansions nestled in the trees rather like Short Hills, NJ where the estates worth mucho millions some designed by Frank Lloyd Wright are stacked one against the other. Frankly even if I could buy and sell the whole city I wouldn't live where I could shake my neighbor's hand without either of us leaving the house.

Top of Mt Mitchell.jpg
    "The universe is under no obligation to make sense to you."
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

73 de Warren KB2VXA
    Station powered by atomic energy, operator powered by natural gas.

1) Never argue with someone who used vaping to quit smoking. Glad to see you heeded my advice.

2) That's not Mt. Mitchell.

I'm going out on a limb by postulating that there could be more than one Mount Mitchell in the country.

Like that post was...
    Moving on, my posts are not helpful

Well, there's the REAL Mt. Mitchell. Highest point east of the Mississippi. Everything else is a lie.

Quote Originally Posted by KG4CGC View Post
    Well, there's the REAL Mt. Mitchell. Highest point east of the Mississippi. Everything else is a lie.
    I figured that, but did find this. Gotta love disambiguation...
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mount_...isambiguation)

Like that post was...

Throw in a little wine and B00M! Transubstantiation.

But I prefer transmorgification....

Like that post was...

Oh boy, here we go with disambiguation causing discombobulation, so I'll ask you just one question. WTF does a Jersey boy care about an Earth pimple in North Carolina now that this is the first he's heard of it? Oh I just love this from the State Park website: "From its easily accessible observation deck, the spruce-fir forest of Mount Mitchell State Park leads the eye to unmatched views." Yeah, unmatched views of a million kids playing vaping games. (ducking)

momi-new_2017_0.jpg
    "The universe is under no obligation to make sense to you."
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

73 de Warren KB2VXA
    Station powered by atomic energy, operator powered by natural gas.

Quote Originally Posted by kb2vxa View Post
    Yeah, unmatched views of a million kids playing vaping games. (ducking)

momi-new_2017_0.jpg

------>ETA: Dayum!

Y'all is killing me.
    Last edited by koØm; 09-06-2019 at 01:23 PM.