Thread: Line of Duty

Banned

Line of Duty

A show you can get on Acorn TV is Line of Duty. I found it riveting. The series are typically 6 episodes and come out typically once every 2 years. There are 5 series right now.

Quote Originally Posted by X-Rated View Post
    A show you can get on Acorn TV is Line of Duty. I found it riveting. The series are typically 6 episodes and come out typically once every 2 years. There are 5 series right now.
    I've added it to my watch list. I'm taking a 4 day weekend, so there might be some bin watching in the near future.

I hope all is well with you, my friend.
    Stay healthy my friends.

I looked up Acorn TV and they seem to be nett importers and distributors of British TV programs. I wonder what their long-term plans are but meanwhile I'm pleased you enjoy "Line of Duty". There are some police procedural flaws as in almost every police drama.

There are a few other things you might look out for in the future but I'll see what Acorn have in mind.

My wife and I subscribe to both Acorn TV and Brit Box. I find the British shows are better produced and the acting is heads and shoulders above what Hollywood produces in the U.S. I really enjoy watching some of the older British shows. Lately we've been watching "As Time Goes By" with Judi Dench and Geoffrey Palmer.
    Stay healthy my friends.

There's loads of titles to choose from apart from Police and crime. If your tastes are anything like mine, there are some historical type series as well over the last 3 years or so such as:
    War & Peace, Les Miserables (no singing...just straight drama), Poldark, Gentleman Jack and so on. Poldark is just starting the last series and Gentleman Jack just finished the first.

I've just started watching "Reilly - Ace of Spies". It was produced in the 80s and the leading character is played by a quite young Sam Neil. A very interesting historical drama about Sidney Reilly who was a British spy in the early part of the 20th century.
    Stay healthy my friends.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by KC2KFC View Post
    I've added it to my watch list. I'm taking a 4 day weekend, so there might be some bin watching in the near future.

I hope all is well with you, my friend.
    I can't complain. No one will listen. I've been looking for a job. For me, it's a tough market. Keeping me busy, though. I hope you are doing well.

I have viewed some of the other shows on Acorn. A few are pretty good. I realize that Line of Duty has a lot of flaws to it but I put my mind on cruise control and let the mistakes happen. I watch it subtitled as well. It's good to see the words being said so I can look them up. That's not a line of codswallop either.

Quote Originally Posted by KC2KFC View Post
    I've just started watching "Reilly - Ace of Spies". It was produced in the 80s and the leading character is played by a quite young Sam Neil. A very interesting historical drama about Sidney Reilly who was a British spy in the early part of the 20th century.
    I love the older British series. Reginald Perrin and Rising Damp with the great (late) Leonard Rossiter were quite good.

Lately, I have been binging this show. It's from Canada. Pretty damn funny.

Last edited by WØTKX; 09-07-2019 at 08:17 AM.
    "Where would we be without the agitators of the world to attach the electrodes
    of knowledge to the nipples of ignorance?" ~ Professor "Dick" Soloman

Quote Originally Posted by X-Rated View Post
    I can't complain. No one will listen. I've been looking for a job. For me, it's a tough market. Keeping me busy, though. I hope you are doing well.

I have viewed some of the other shows on Acorn. A few are pretty good. I realize that Line of Duty has a lot of flaws to it but I put my mind on cruise control and let the mistakes happen. I watch it subtitled as well. It's good to see the words being said so I can look them up. That's not a line of codswallop either.
    Thank you for using " codswallop" in a sentence in regular conversation but sometimes it can be difficult to tell which noun a participle phrase is modifying. Thankfully, the noun being modified is actually in the sentence.

Why did I say that? I don't know. It was just a short, thought experiment.