Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Field Day 2019

My prediction was correct. More adult beverages than QSO's made. Probably spent more time hanging the antenna than operating.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I am surprised at such a sudden deterioration in a woman whose only ailment was a lazy anus.

Field day for me was supposed to be running the VHF/UHF weak signal station for W8MAI.

Sadly, I ended up sitting in the hospital with my wife (who was bitten by a dog). This went on until Sunday afternoon due to possible blood poisoning.Left just in time to pick up my equipment from the site.

Being creative, I opened my phone hotspot in the hospital and named my hotpot network CQ_FD_KD8TUT.

Logged two connections. One confirmed. Any port in a storm.
    --
    So there I was, totally naked. With only a rubber hose and a stuffed animal...

Oh, it isn't next weekend? Well fuck.

Don't know about any of you, but the QSB here was truly epic. Something about the take off angle of the ground plane plays into that a little I figure. Exactly 28 contacts for 24 hours on with 10 off for snooze, so I'm not breaking any records personal or otherwise. Discovered the feed line to the other antenna took a shit, so there is that. It was nice to just get on and putt around doing S&P. Was surprised and a bit elated to finally get E51JD in the log on 15 no less. I've heard that guy for years and could never get through; he's getting up there in years and won't be on forever. Now I gotta trade cards with him so I can confirm E51. Funny he was my fifth contact on FD, as a non FD contact. I should've seen my overall rate coming from that one!

Michael, sorry to hear of your adventure with the missus. Glad to hear it turned out as well as could be expected, even the wifi thing was great! Too bad you couldn't work all wifi's and get the award. Better luck next year. Hope all works out for the best.

Charles, I don't know what to tell ya man. I was looking forward to hearing some island call signs this year but as fate has it I can't hear shit from NNW through SE unless it comes in from a very steep angle. I guess we picked a shitty HF property with this one. Maybe if you don't hit snooze next year I can put you in the log.

That's all I have really. 1E was OK this time around. Beats picking scabs.

Gotta get around to altering the sig pic....
    Last edited by WZ7U; 06-24-2019 at 03:23 PM.

Like that post was...
    Moving on, my posts are not helpful

Granted I haven't kept up in a long time but I thought it was the last full weekend of June.
    If you want to try a contact, let's plan a sched. The OCF dipole is just fine.

Beach Bum
    Quote Originally Posted by KG4CGC View Post
    Granted I haven't kept up in a long time but I thought it was the last full weekend of June.
    If you want to try a contact, let's plan a sched. The OCF dipole is just fine.
    It's always the FOURTH full weekend in June. June typically only has 4 weekends, but every 6-7 years, there is a 5th weekend. Same thing happens in November for CQWW CW contest. CQ CW is always the FOURTH full weekend in November which typically corresponds to Thanksgiving weekend - except for this year, which also happens every 6-7 years.
    You don't need a parachute to skydive. But you do need a parachute to skydive, twice.