Thread: WTB: Vacuum Variable Capacitor

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

WTB: Vacuum Variable Capacitor

Anyone have an unneeded Vacuum Variable Capacitor that they’d be willing to part with at a decent price?

I’m looking for one for an antenna project. I’ve seen some “Russian Military Surplus” ones covering 25 -400 pF at various voltage/power levels, over on the auction site, but who knows what you’re really buying?
    “Nobody is going to feel sorry for us. 90% of the people don’t care, the other 10% are glad it happened.” — Clint Hurdle, 2019

BAN THE DH!

Fudd's First Law of Opposition: If you push something hard enough, it WILL fall down.
    Teslacle's Deviant to Fudd's Law: It goes in, it must go out.

Just remember: Abraham Lincoln didn't die in vain. He died in Washington, DC

Cutch 2K!!

“Nero fiddled while Rome burned. Trump golfed.” — Bernie Sanders

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Check Fair Radio and Surplus Sales yet?
    "Everyone wants to be an AM Gangsta until it's time to start doing AM Gangsta shit."

Quote Originally Posted by N8YX View Post
    Check Fair Radio and Surplus Sales yet?
    Yes.

Fair Radio only has a few in stock, and they are all $$$. Surplus Sales has a few more available, but they are all $$$ or $$$$. (Not including tax and shipping)

Figures. I’ve seen them at hamfests on & off in the past for around $50 - 75. Now that I am in need of one? Not a one in sight.

Was just kinda hoping someone had one that they no longer needed & would be willing to part with...
    “Nobody is going to feel sorry for us. 90% of the people don’t care, the other 10% are glad it happened.” — Clint Hurdle, 2019

BAN THE DH!

Fudd's First Law of Opposition: If you push something hard enough, it WILL fall down.
    Teslacle's Deviant to Fudd's Law: It goes in, it must go out.

Just remember: Abraham Lincoln didn't die in vain. He died in Washington, DC

Cutch 2K!!

“Nero fiddled while Rome burned. Trump golfed.” — Bernie Sanders

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Prices for them here are quite high, certainly the higher voltage/capacity ones, 25th of may we have a large ham sale here, will have a look there with the Russians that come every year there to sell their stuff.
    They become more like unobtanium every year ...
    "If the Republicans will stop telling lies about the Democrats, we will stop
    telling the truth about them." - Adlai Stevenson (1900-1965)
    “I’m not liberal/conservative, I’m anti-idiotarian.”
    At some point in the last 20 years, the left moved to the center, and the right moved into a mental institution

Go with https://www.ebay.com/usr/qro-stuff

I have made multiple purchases from this company, they never did me wrong. Shipping is a little longer due to Customs Inspections routine but, I would use him again.

Island Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by koØm View Post
    Go with https://www.ebay.com/usr/qro-stuff

I have made multiple purchases from this company, they never did me wrong.

Thanks for the hint. That auction side is a real minefield and on a race to the bottom.
    I was sold fake VRF2933 few weeks ago and, despite having sent photos of the real thing Vs. the fake one (I was sold devices with a small flange/footprint) I had to jump through an endless sequence of hoops to get my money back because "I had not proven the devices to be counterfeit".

Island Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by W3WN View Post

I’m looking for one for an antenna project.

What are you building ?

Carlos VK1EA