Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Twitter Is Weird

Twitter Is Weird

I’ve been fairly active on Twitter since Trump’s inauguration with over 10K tweets that have been, to the best of my ability, mostly thoughtful and carefully written. After two and a half years I have a fewer than 500 followers, which is pretty pathetic by Twitter standards.

Yesterday, Rep. Devin Nunes filed a defamation lawsuit against Twitter and a couple of Twitter account holders: Devin Nunes’ Mom and Devin Nunes’ Cow. Twitter went crazy. Hundreds of new accounts mocking Nunes were spawned in a matter of hours. I decided to jump into the fray with Devin Nunes’ Left Nut (@leftdevin), with a pinned tweet of “Devin said he’d give me to become a congressman, now I’m in a jar somewhere in the Kremlin.”

I’ve made maybe a dozen tweets on that account, yet 24 hours later, it has over 100 followers.

Go figure.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

Quote Originally Posted by K6BSO View Post
    I’ve been fairly active on Twitter since Trump’s inauguration with over 10K tweets that have been, to the best of my ability, mostly thoughtful and carefully written. After two and a half years I have a fewer than 500 followers, which is pretty pathetic by Twitter standards.

Yesterday, Rep. Devin Nunes filed a defamation lawsuit against Twitter and a couple of Twitter account holders: Devin Nunes’ Mom and Devin Nunes’ Cow. Twitter went crazy. Hundreds of new accounts mocking Nunes were spawned in a matter of hours. I decided to jump into the fray with Devin Nunes’ Left Nut (@leftdevin), with a pinned tweet of “Devin said he’d give me to become a congressman, now I’m in a jar somewhere in the Kremlin.”

I’ve made maybe a dozen tweets on that account, yet 24 hours later, it has over 100 followers.

Go figure.
    Quality over quantity!

@Just_2_Badd

Quote Originally Posted by koØm View Post
    Quality over quantity!

@Just_2_Badd
    Over 250 followers now. It took me over a year to get that many on my regular account.
    Last edited by NQ6U; 03-20-2019 at 07:07 PM.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

Since I don't do twatter, you get me as a follower here. That shit is priceless funny in my estimation. Carry on wayward son....

Like that post was...
    Moving on, my posts are not helpful

Up to 343 followers as of 09:30 PDT

And they say, when it comes to politics and social media, that it never pays to stoop to the Lowest Common Denominator...
    “Nobody is going to feel sorry for us. 90% of the people don’t care, the other 10% are glad it happened.” — Clint Hurdle, 2019

BAN THE DH!

Fudd's First Law of Opposition: If you push something hard enough, it WILL fall down.
    Teslacle's Deviant to Fudd's Law: It goes in, it must go out.

Just remember: Abraham Lincoln didn't die in vain. He died in Washington, DC

Cutch 2K!!

“Nero fiddled while Rome burned. Trump golfed.” — Bernie Sanders

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Twaddler: "Great minds exchange idea, mediocre minds discuss events; small minds talk about people." Why would a left nut in a jar be so popular on Twaddler? Small minds talk twaddle. When Twitter and its twaddles first came out a noted Englishman called users twits, nothing has changed. It must be awfully boring sitting in that jar not understanding Russian. (But good for laughs, thanks.)
    "The universe is under no obligation to make sense to you."
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

73 de Warren KB2VXA
    Station powered by atomic energy, operator powered by natural gas.

I do not use Twatter.
    Encrypt everything. Even if you have nothing to hide. It increases the noise floor.

I don't do social media at all, seems to be the best option.
    "If the Republicans will stop telling lies about the Democrats, we will stop
    telling the truth about them." - Adlai Stevenson (1900-1965)
    “I’m not liberal/conservative, I’m anti-idiotarian.”
    At some point in the last 20 years, the left moved to the center, and the right moved into a mental institution

@henare ... but not on so much lately. i use tweetdeck when i'm on, and that helps me filter out so much of the outrage ...
    "... and another thing about you democrats ... you all believe in science!" -- denny crane