Thread: Shipping Boat Anchors

Shipping Boat Anchors

As hams, we’ve all packed up and shipped out a few boat anchors in our time. Yesterday, though, I packed up and shipped out two. I don’t mean old radios, though—I’m talkin’ actual 12-pound galvanized steel boat anchors. (I work part time at a marine supply store.)
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

Beach Bum
    Years ago, I bought 40 feet of Rohn 25G tower. It came with a flat roof mount:

Back then there was no internet, but one local repeater had a Thursday night buy/sell net. Each week, I advertised it, pretty cheaply. One time a guy in Philadelphia expressed interest, so we exchanged phone numbers. He sent me a check, and I shipped it, with just the UPS shipping tag on it - no box.

A few days later, Don calls me and thanks me. He told me that the UPS guy came and told him that his propeller was in the truck.
    You don't need a parachute to skydive. But you do need a parachute to skydive, twice.

Quote Originally Posted by N2SR View Post
    <snip> propeller .