Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Damn wind !!!!!

Angry Damn wind !!!!!

We had heavy winds yesterday, taking a quick look this morning I didn't fair too well. Lost my 2 meter beam, my 40-10 meter vertical and two trees. Oh well rebuilt it latter once I can move around better
    [SIGPIC] 73

Hope it is all salvageable, and yoou can get it up with not too much problems again.
    Had my share of problems storm related mishaps on my antenna's, so i know thhe feeling...
    Good luck repairing.
    "If the Republicans will stop telling lies about the Democrats, we will stop
    telling the truth about them." - Adlai Stevenson (1900-1965)
    “I’m not liberal/conservative, I’m anti-idiotarian.”
    At some point in the last 20 years, the left moved to the center, and the right moved into a mental institution

Wind is a good thing…

All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

Nice pic Pope Carlo! But, you neglected to specify types of wind. Nautically propulsional wind is a good thing. Wind driving electric generator turbine blades is also a good thing (unless you're an unfortunate bird).

Broken wind is usually not a good thing. Something about cutting cheese...

Like that post was...
    Moving on, my posts are not helpful

Nice pic of the pope sitting excathedra! I hate to read about the wind damage Hank. How is the CBD oil testing going?

cul de n8tb
    "Sadly, it always takes a few martyrs to get the ball rolling." Colonel Tim Boldman 2001
    "There are no differences but differences of degree between different degrees of difference and no difference."--William James
    "Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings." Victor J. Stenger

"Wind is a good thing…"
    Not for those just above the tip of the mast. A few days ago we had one of our legendary winter gales starting one evening and ending the next. In the middle of the night mains power failed, no problem, the genset kicked in, the next day problems. The computers died, all of them, the facility's and mine, I have mine set to stay off until manually powered up, but still it didn't do Windblows any good. Power was jittery most of the day, not good for computers either. No, I have no room for a UPS.
    "The universe is under no obligation to make sense to you."
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

73 de Warren KB2VXA
    Station powered by atomic energy, operator powered by natural gas.

Underneath the Atomic Ooze of Hanford, WA
    "I'm doin' fiiinne'

ON CLOUD NINE...

Nice tan!
    http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q275/nx6d/ham%20radio/SANY1260.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by WX7P View Post
    "I'm doin' fiiinne'

ON CLOUD NINE...

Nice tan!
    That's an old pic, I changed her name when I went with USCG documentation instead of CA DMV registration (because, fuck the fucking DMV). She's now Galene, after the ancient Greek goddess of calm seas.

That picture made me look a lot more tan than I really was at the time. OTOH, a black friend of mine used to kid me about being darker than he was, so…

I entered her in a casual racing series last year and managed to get a trophy for 3rd place, which ain't too bad for a first try. Didn't win many friends, though, when my 42-year-old boat that cost about as much as a used Toyota beat out a fleet of significantly larger and more expensive ones.
    Last edited by NQ6U; 03-03-2019 at 11:59 PM.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

Quote Originally Posted by K6BSO View Post
    That's an old pic, I changed her name when I went with USCG documentation instead of CA DMV registration (because, fuck the fucking DMV). She's now Galene, after the ancient Greek goddess of calm seas.

That picture made me look a lot more tan than I really was at the time. OTOH, a black friend of mine used to kid me about being darker than he was, so…

I entered her in a casual racing series last year and managed to get a trophy for 3rd place, which ain't too bad for a first try. Didn't win many friends, though, when my 42-year-old boat that cost about as much as a used Toyota beat out a fleet of significantly larger and more expensive ones.
    That sounds like a cool fun time. On the humorous side of that it's almost like you joined a boat gang.

that's kinda exactly what it sounds like ... a boat gang, not a club.
    "... and another thing about you democrats ... you all believe in science!" -- denny crane