Thread: EME In A Nutshell

EME In A Nutshell

From a ham radio subreddit, in answer to someone asking if it’s possible to bounce a radio signal off the moon. Lack of capitalization and poor punctuation from the original.

lol oh buddy have i got news for you not only is this possible, but you can literally spend all of your time and money doing it. just build some fuckhuge steerable antenna array with ridiculous gain figures and spend the weekends making slow-ass text contact with some other asshole in, like, indonesia with his own fuckhuge steerable antenna array. the military spent some time and money on this Back In The Old Days, but they stopped doing it because it's dumb as dog shit and horrifically inefficient, which means it is absolutely irresistible for amateur radio operators. you don't even need the hard test in the US to do it, you can do it with the lowest license class so get you a license, build an antenna that looks like a shopping cart fucked a turnstile, and start blasting digital warbles at the moon.
    Now that I think about it, maybe ham radio itself in a nutshell?
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

Quote Originally Posted by K6BSO View Post
    From a ham radio subreddit, in answer to someone asking if it’s possible to bounce a radio signal off the moon. Lack of capitalization and poor punctuation from the original.
    lol oh buddy have i got news for you not only is this possible, but you can literally spend all of your time and money doing it. just build some fuckhuge steerable antenna array with ridiculous gain figures and spend the weekends making slow-ass text contact with some other asshole in, like, indonesia with his own fuckhuge steerable antenna array. the military spent some time and money on this Back In The Old Days, but they stopped doing it because it's dumb as dog shit and horrifically inefficient, which means it is absolutely irresistible for amateur radio operators. you don't even need the hard test in the US to do it, you can do it with the lowest license class so get you a license, build an antenna that looks like a shopping cart fucked a turnstile, and start blasting digital warbles at the moon.
    Now that I think about it, maybe ham radio itself in a nutshell?
    Da-Yum!

Uh, nearly (to the E12) spot on.

Like that post was...
    Moving on, my posts are not helpful