Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Drake R4C

"Everyone wants to be an AM Gangsta until it's time to start doing AM Gangsta shit."

Nice, but out of my price range. Tnx.

I'll keep looking. They seem to be all over the map.
    "Everyone wants to be an AM Gangsta until it's time to start doing AM Gangsta shit."

Nice find. Haven't had the opportunity to enjoy any of the Drake line. Still spinning the dial on the RX only TT ArgoV though.
    Thanks, Ron.

Man that is a beauty.

Quote Originally Posted by K0RGR View Post
    I have the Drake 4C line in my garage. I haven't had the opportunity to fire it up. It belonged to my dad. I remember it being a great receiver. The transmitter uses sweep tubes that you will incinerate if you hold the key down a bit too long. But that RX is superb!
    And when you fix the audio, the 4C is a GREAT receiver. I reconfigured the power supply using three terminal regulators and a zener regulator circuit and replaced that horrible audio amp circuit with a TDA 2003A. Significantly reduced the heat from the audio output Q.
    "When you want to know how things really work, study them when they're coming apart." -William Gibson
    "People Who Don't Want Their Beliefs Laughed at Shouldn't Have Such Funny Beliefs" -AD5MB
    "The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?" -KJ3N