Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ET Phone Home?

ET Phone Home?

Is there other life out there? Something swung near by for a visit recently. It's path, speed, etc is something yet to be observed. Unfortunately, it continued on it's way, and I think the data was studied after the pass by. If unnatural, maybe an alien probe that detected us, got a little closer, and saw us as knuckle draggers who were not ready for contact? This observation gets it's own place on the shelf, if i read this correctly. I should also mention that it accelerated after it's perigee with Earth, and it concluded, "no intelligent life"?

https://www.newyorker.com/news/the-n...bject-oumuamua

cul de n8tb
    "Sadly, it always takes a few martyrs to get the ball rolling." Colonel Tim Boldman 2001
    "There are no differences but differences of degree between different degrees of difference and no difference."--William James
    "Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings." Victor J. Stenger

Interesting link. I personally think we are not alone, the odds of us being the only game in the universe are astronomical (pun). I have followed/studied the extraterrestrial/UFO phenomenon for a long time. Even had a sighting of something I can only explain as "not ours".

Of course if they narrowed their scan beam to the D.C. area then they certainly would move on!
    "Don't put it on the plate if you can't eat it!"

Rama?
    I thought religions were prophet based organizations.
    What do you mean I am out of money? I still have checks!
    Remember, amateurs built the Ark, professionals built the Titanic

If it's Rama, we missed the rendezvous! Probably for the best.

Well what we need now is a big old SPACE WALL! That will keep the aliens out....someone please share this idea with "That man in the White House".

Quote Originally Posted by K4PIH View Post
    If it's Rama, we missed the rendezvous! Probably for the best.
    Two more will follow.
    "Everyone wants to be an AM Gangsta until it's time to start doing AM Gangsta shit."

Quote Originally Posted by AA1OH View Post
    Well what we need now is a big old SPACE WALL! That will keep the aliens out....someone please share this idea with "That man in the White House".
    Ring World!

Quote Originally Posted by K4PIH View Post
    Ring World!
    I just started re-reading that series yesterday-next will be "Cities in Flight" and then the Retief or BOLOS.

We are cave people and Ummagumma is a big cigar shaped rock. Remember Star Trek First Contact? The passing Vulcan ship was about to leave when Zephraim Cochran launched his experimental warp drive ship, a converted ICBM, and the Vulcans landed to investigate. If you noticed the looks on their faces they found Americans disgusting but tolerable, learn how to act Japanese and they'll warm up a bit. Maybe by the time science figures out a way to warp space-time and generate enough energy to do it with a contained matter/antimatter reaction the gods will return. They may return sooner if we'd stop shooting at them!
    "The universe is under no obligation to make sense to you."
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

73 de Warren KB2VXA
    Station powered by atomic energy, operator powered by natural gas.

For at least 20 years now my wife has insisted that, when we lived next door to a cricket field, one night she was abducted by creatures from something large hovering about 50 feet over the field with a large number of flashing lights underneath their craft. I was away working at the time.

She was returned a little while later and, when I returned home, asked me if I noticed anything different. I couldn't, or daren't, reply but it's not like her to insist on this story for such a length of time.

In view of this, "they" could investigate the White House and choose an individual, suck out his brains and replace them in random order. Would it make any difference perhaps?