Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ET Phone Home?

They already have, just left it empty.
    "Don't put it on the plate if you can't eat it!"

Quote Originally Posted by kb2vxa View Post
    We are cave people and Ummagumma is a big cigar shaped rock. Remember Star Trek First Contact? The passing Vulcan ship was about to leave when Zephraim Cochran launched his experimental warp drive ship, a converted ICBM, and the Vulcans landed to investigate. If you noticed the looks on their faces they found Americans disgusting but tolerable, learn how to act Japanese and they'll warm up a bit. Maybe by the time science figures out a way to warp space-time and generate enough energy to do it with a contained matter/antimatter reaction the gods will return. They may return sooner if we'd stop shooting at them!
    I worked at a company that made radio transmitters that looked like gravel. Those are little rocks, i guess.

cul de n8tb
    "Sadly, it always takes a few martyrs to get the ball rolling." Colonel Tim Boldman 2001
    "There are no differences but differences of degree between different degrees of difference and no difference."--William James
    "Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings." Victor J. Stenger

Quote Originally Posted by HUGH View Post
    In view of this, "they" could investigate the White House and choose an individual, suck out his brains and replace them in random order. Would it make any difference perhaps?
    It sure could not hurt.

cul de n8tb
    "Sadly, it always takes a few martyrs to get the ball rolling." Colonel Tim Boldman 2001
    "There are no differences but differences of degree between different degrees of difference and no difference."--William James
    "Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings." Victor J. Stenger

Quote Originally Posted by HUGH View Post
    For at least 20 years now my wife has insisted that, when we lived next door to a cricket field, one night she was abducted by creatures from something large hovering about 50 feet over the field with a large number of flashing lights underneath their craft. I was away working at the time.

She was returned a little while later and, when I returned home, asked me if I noticed anything different. I couldn't, or daren't, reply but it's not like her to insist on this story for such a length of time.

In view of this, "they" could investigate the White House and choose an individual, suck out his brains and replace them in random order. Would it make any difference perhaps?
    Like the bugs in Starship Trooper?
    "Don't put it on the plate if you can't eat it!"