Quote Originally Posted by N8YX View Post
Happy belated!

Glad that FL agrees with you. One of these days I'll get down there for Bike Week or Biketoberfest and perhaps we'll get to compare notes.
Bike week is coming. I plan on getting a 2 bdrm place, so I can put you up, and parking is a premium. I spent yesterday detailing the hog. The trip down through the "blizzard" in the Smokies was unkind. I have about 90% of the little specks off. I have discovered the non chrome after market chromium plastic is pitted. The aftermarket light racks used that crap attached to the light covers. It looks like chrome, I knew the first time I saw it years ago that it wasnt. The factory cover over the main headlight is chrome. After having to get out of the way of traffic, I am glad that my dad did a total S&S mod. Cam, carb, heads, push rods, the total package. This bike has the most unique sound that the factory engines don't have. When I ride with others, I can see 20-30 heads turn at the same time when they hear the hog roar.

I plan on pursuing my ham radio hobby. The place I am looking at is a HOA, that allows ham radio flag pole verticals, with buried/hidden radials. I have made stealthy outdoor radiators before, I hate them, but life is one big compromise.