Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: AVG Antivirus Ripping Us Off

D'oh!

Like that post was...
    Moving on, my posts are not helpful

In 1979 I looked like John Belushi and for me it was the latter part of the 9th grade. SNL was in full swing and we often repeated whole skits the following Monday in school from phonographic memory.

I wrote my first computer program back in 1977 ;P (HS Grade 10, I may still have my computer programs, stored on rolls of paper tape....)
    1981 - VIC-20, then Commodore 64
    1984 - the 'thing' was 300 baud modems and dialup BBS, with the Commodore SX-64
    Somewhere in here was the first network connection - between two computers over serial ports, for Duke Nukem
    First Non-commodore PC, an 8086 Compuadd computer with a huge 40MB hard drive. Windows 286 (I still have the 5.25 inch floppies) soon after.
    1990 something, the search program called "Archie" - Anyone remember Archie?
    First VESA Local Bus 486 from Gateway

How's that for walking back into the past?

Sinclair ZX 81 with whopping 16K module, cassette deck to save programs you wrote.
    CoCo ( tandy colour computer) 64 K mem, which we expanded with 3 more banks.
    286 at 10 MHz with 20 Mb dive and VGA colour monitor
    From there the usual, 386, 486 pentium dual core, now lappy with I7 quad core and SSD dive.
    FFS i'm getting old...
    "If the Republicans will stop telling lies about the Democrats, we will stop
    telling the truth about them." - Adlai Stevenson (1900-1965)
    “I’m not liberal/conservative, I’m anti-idiotarian.”
    At some point in the last 20 years, the left moved to the center, and the right moved into a mental institution

Quote Originally Posted by N1LAF View Post
    I wrote my first computer program back in 1977 ;P (HS Grade 10, I may still have my computer programs, stored on rolls of paper tape....)
    1981 - VIC-20, then Commodore 64
    1984 - the 'thing' was 300 baud modems and dialup BBS, with the Commodore SX-64
    Somewhere in here was the first network connection - between two computers over serial ports, for Duke Nukem
    First Non-commodore PC, an 8086 Compuadd computer with a huge 40MB hard drive. Windows 286 (I still have the 5.25 inch floppies) soon after.
    1990 something, the search program called "Archie" - Anyone remember Archie?
    First VESA Local Bus 486 from Gateway

How's that for walking back into the past?
    Oh yea.. Archie, Gopher, and Veronica....

The force was strong with those!!
    --
    So there I was, totally naked. With only a rubber hose and a stuffed animal...