Thread: Data Held Hostage!

Data Held Hostage!

Phucking Photobucket dot com has converted into a subscription site and, all your photos are being held hostage (for a monthly fee).

Quote Originally Posted by koØm View Post
    Phucking Photobucket dot com has converted into a subscription site and, all your photos are being held hostage (for a monthly fee).

A well known gay social media site (Rated PG) was purchased by a corporate raider, and got the left foot of fellowship from the gay community. They pulled the same shite, and we all know TOS that we all sign allows this liberty with our data.

cul de n8tb
    "Sadly, it always takes a few martyrs to get the ball rolling." Colonel Tim Boldman 2001
    "There are no differences but differences of degree between different degrees of difference and no difference."--William James
    "Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings." Victor J. Stenger

Quote Originally Posted by suddenseer View Post
    A well known gay social media site (Rated PG) was purchased by a corporate raider, and got the left foot of fellowship from the gay community. They pulled the same shite, and we all know TOS that we all sign allows this liberty with our data.
    Get the members of said site together and create another. Community funded, with elected trustees who manage the infrastructure. Legal agreements in place which state the domain or its contents can never be sold or used by an outside entity without full member consent.
    "Everyone wants to be an AM Gangsta until it's time to start doing AM Gangsta shit."

I don't upload anything in any cloud, just on my hard drives.
    Not active on social media, so no problems there either.
    ;)
    "If the Republicans will stop telling lies about the Democrats, we will stop
    telling the truth about them." - Adlai Stevenson (1900-1965)
    “I’m not liberal/conservative, I’m anti-idiotarian.”
    At some point in the last 20 years, the left moved to the center, and the right moved into a mental institution

Quote Originally Posted by PA5COR View Post
    I don't upload anything in any cloud, just on my hard drives.
    Not active on social media, so no problems there either.
    ;)
    You don't count old Apache servers as social media? IRC? uSENET?

cul de n8tb
    "Sadly, it always takes a few martyrs to get the ball rolling." Colonel Tim Boldman 2001
    "There are no differences but differences of degree between different degrees of difference and no difference."--William James
    "Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings." Victor J. Stenger

Quote Originally Posted by N8YX View Post
    Get the members of said site together and create another. Community funded, with elected trustees who manage the infrastructure. Legal agreements in place which state the domain or its contents can never be sold or used by an outside entity without full member consent.
    It kinda morphed into smart phone apps.

cul de n8tb

Old memories......long time ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by suddenseer View Post
    You don't count old Apache servers as social media? IRC? uSENET?
    "If the Republicans will stop telling lies about the Democrats, we will stop
    telling the truth about them." - Adlai Stevenson (1900-1965)
    “I’m not liberal/conservative, I’m anti-idiotarian.”
    At some point in the last 20 years, the left moved to the center, and the right moved into a mental institution