Thread: Feed back coming from tuner ?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Higher than SOME broadcast stations? I've seen a few bragging on CB forums with pictures showing 50+ KW that makes it more than ALL broadcast stations. The laughs come in when the scope displays such over-modulation it looks like a square wave splatter box destroying everything from 1 to 100MHz.

Then some neighbors are just dumber than dog shit. I had been operating my modified Heathkit Twins, the Mohawk RX and Apache TX for a couple of years without complaint until the hash, mash, and trash of the CB boom became too much and I sold everything from mic to antenna. About a month later I dug the mast out of the weeds where I had tossed it and put up a home brew nineteen inch VHF ground plane for my scanner, and then it happened. The lady next door came by complaining of TVI, I turned on the scanner that had been off all day and let her listen to police calls etc. while I explained it is a receiver only, see, no microphone, it cannot possibly cause interference. I brought her over to my TV, went around the channels, see, no interference. Out of curiosity I asked her to describe the interference, where the TV is and what does she use for an antenna since there is none on the house and there is no cable drop line. The picture goes in and out, the TV is a portable in the basement on rabbit ears. At this point I found it hard to contain myself while finally explaining to her my antenna radiates no signal, she interrupted me with "Well, it's an antenna isn't it?" I clenched my fists, stiffened my posture and shouted so loud they could hear me in Peoria "GET OUT OF NY HOUSE! OUT! OOOUUUT!!!"

Mama said there'd be days like this, mama said, mama said. (;->)

On edit: You had James Bridgewater, probably a likable enough guy like most FCC Field Engineers, we had Roger Nye The FCC Guy, a complete klutz and so dumb he makes dog shit look smart. He wondered why an N connector wouldn't mate up with an SO-239, when I handed him the right jumper for the Bird 43 he couldn't get a reading on it, I pointed out the 450MHz 50W slug he had in it and handed him the correct one. That was only the beginning of him goofing his way through an inspection and the beginning of my "Let's get rid of the bastard" campaign that ended with him flying a desk in Baltimore. It's like the military way, give him a promotion and a transfer to Pint Barrow, Alaska.
    Last edited by kb2vxa; 10-07-2018 at 10:20 AM.
    "The universe is under no obligation to make sense to you."
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

73 de Warren KB2VXA
    Station powered by atomic energy, operator powered by natural gas.