Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Feed back coming from tuner ?

Quote Originally Posted by N8GAV View Post
    What is a Yeticom and a Dave made 10 pill ? He said today that's what he is running, I was listening to him on 11 meters today, I was tuning around and he was all over the place
    I don;t know about a "Yeticom" . "Dave Made" is a brand of illegal (export only) 11 meter linear amp. Known for being overdriven, causing intense wideband splatter, and having no harmonic nor spur suppression. "Pills" = "the number of transistors in the final".
    I keep my 2 feet on the ground, and my head in the twilight zone.

Quote Originally Posted by kb2vxa View Post

Out of curiosity I asked her to describe the interference, where the TV is and what does she use for an antenna since there is none on the house and there is no cable drop line. The picture goes in and out, the TV is a portable in the basement on rabbit ears. At this point I found it hard to contain myself while finally explaining to her my antenna radiates no signal, she interrupted me with "Well, it's an antenna isn't it?" I clenched my fists, stiffened my posture and shouted so loud they could hear me in Peoria "GET OUT OF NY HOUSE! OUT! OOOUUUT!!!"
    Unfortunately this radio stuff is way over the heads of the average person. Most people never learned anything about it for the simple reason that most people have no real need to learn it. The result is your former neighbor. They are totally clueless and confused when it comes to transmitting and receiving. To her an antenna is an antenna, they are all the same and they all produce interference, thus your antenna must be the cause of her interference problems despite the fact that you had just demonstrated that its not.
    I keep my 2 feet on the ground, and my head in the twilight zone.

The scuttlebutt in the 11 meter world is that with everything being digital, those items are more immune to CB splatter.
    This assessment is somewhat correct. I live less than 100 yards from a 5KW AM "Nation Station." None of my appliances or TV's suffer.

Quote Originally Posted by KG4CGC View Post
    The scuttlebutt in the 11 meter world is that with everything being digital, those items are more immune to CB splatter.
    This assessment is somewhat correct. I live less than 100 yards from a 5KW AM "Nation Station." None of my appliances or TV's suffer.
    YMMV

I cannot operate 10 meters qrp on my dipole because it will come through my sound system and, my other computers via the USB bus, I drop down to 40 meters and 600 watts output from my SB-200 doesn't bother a thing.

Go figure.

So going back to your original post, is it YOUR voice or SOME CB'ER voice?
    "Don't put it on the plate if you can't eat it!"

Quote Originally Posted by K4PIH View Post
    So going back to your original post, is it YOUR voice or SOME CB'ER voice?
    Or both?
    I thought religions were prophet based organizations.
    What do you mean I am out of money? I still have checks!
    Remember, amateurs built the Ark, professionals built the Titanic

Might help diagnosing the problem.
    "Don't put it on the plate if you can't eat it!"

You missed the whole conversation about an abominable snow radio, a Dave made in his garage pillbox transmitting splatter, harmonics and spurs exacerbated by a 6el beam selectively destroying neighbors' peace of mind.

Back in the day the Boys From Brooklyn had midnight antenna parties with a truck, heavy rope, and a grappling hook. I didn't need to go that far working for a business machine refurbishing house and having access to large bottles of black copy toner. Tracking down a joker with a high tower playing Gospel music all night long on CB with a DF loop is a story in itself, but this is about how I put a swift end to it. You're catching on already, late one night when the neighborhood slept I covered his car with black copy toner. I wasn't out to cause damage with paint, toner looks like black paint but washes off with soap and water, it's only a carbon black pigment in water suspension. I guarantee when he saw his car he FREAKED, the shock worked as intended, no more music jamming up the radio all night.

This story just may inspire "affirmative action" since where CB is concerned the FCC is as useless as tits on a bull.

Revenge.jpg
    "The universe is under no obligation to make sense to you."
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

73 de Warren KB2VXA
    Station powered by atomic energy, operator powered by natural gas.