Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Picked up my new wheels.

Picked up my new wheels.

The old Hyundai atoz automatic is gone...18 years old R.I.P.
    Got the Hyundai I 10 I Motion Comfort with navi, auto climate control and lots of stuff with 3 letters like ASR ESP BAS and a host more security stuff, daytime running lights etc etc.4 elecctric windows, electric mirrors and heating ...
    IN white with black/blue seats and blue on the dash, and part of the doors.
    all of 1 liter 67 BHP nipping 1 liter of gas on 23 KM.
    Surprised on the 70 mile trip home how quick it is with that nimble motor, quite as well i hardly could hear the engine and no wind noise with 140 KM/H.
    Good radio and navigation build in working like a charm, got full serviced so next 20.000 KM no sweat.
    Start and stop system, 93 grams of Co2 per KM.

Very good seats , giving excellent seating position and ( i,m 2.07 Meters long or 7 feet.... still fitting my frame with lots of space left.
    Opted for the armrest as well, it is 20 months old 20 K miles on the meter and costed new 14.000 Euro's got it for 8.500 Euro's.

https://www.autowereld.nl/info/hyund...1/details.html
    Next month it will get properly tuned with a friend that does it professionally, going from 69 HP to 79HP and 95 Nm torc to 115 Nm torc.
    The whole car weights just 908 kilo....
    Went to my garage here at home and had it checked and turned out perfect.
    Still 3 year and 4 months unlimited Hyunday warranty and Bovag warranty extra.
    Surprising what the Koreans build these days though the car is designed in Germany now.

Should have bought it before the heatwave with the automatic airco....

Now reading the manual, looks like the Bible, Tora and combined....
    Last edited by PA5COR; 08-27-2018 at 02:31 PM.
    "If the Republicans will stop telling lies about the Democrats, we will stop
    telling the truth about them." - Adlai Stevenson (1900-1965)
    “I’m not liberal/conservative, I’m anti-idiotarian.”
    At some point in the last 20 years, the left moved to the center, and the right moved into a mental institution

Hyundai builds solid vehicles. They and Kia have come a long way, of course they've also recruited a couple of prime engineers from a couple of luxury road car manufacturers.

German to boot, must have pinched them from VW/Opel...., designed in Russelsheim Germany.
    At least i worked out how the radio works and navigation system with steering wheel controls and got the Phonee paired to the system and working...
    Drove it around a bit just to get used to it, and I'm quite pleasantly surprised.
    It won't leave skidmarks on the road but it is quite well going with the traffic here doing 130 here, top speed tested on GPS was 170 KM/H or just over 100 miles per hour, good for a seriously expensive ticket...
    And it's very quiet in the cabine with 130....
    At some point in the last 20 years, the left moved to the center, and the right moved into a mental institution

Kia got at least 1 designer from BMW.

I only know the current flock of Hyundai s is designed in Russelsheim in Germany, and produced in Turkey for the EU market.
    The Asian market has the i10 grande a bit longer version, made in India.
    Peter Schreyer is the German designer.
    He helped to design the Audi TT.
    He is currently the chief designer at Hyundai-Kia and works with Luc Donckerwolke, former design director of Volkswagen Group - Bentley, Lamborghini, and Audi from 2016.
    Schreyer has been central to a complete restyling of Kia's lineup,

As for my I 10,
    In August 2013, the i10's redesign was revealed by Hyundai's European design team led by Thomas Bürkle. The new car is 80 mm (3.1 in) longer, 65 mm (2.6 in) wider and 50 mm (2.0 in) lower than the outgoing model. The new dimensions result in a trunk space increase by 10%, totaling to 252 liters, most can carry 5 persons, mine is 4 persons and start stop for the blue eco version with lower emissions.

The European i10 was met with very positive reviews. John McIlroy of What Car? magazine gave the car a perfect five-star rating, commenting that it "represents a major step forward over its predecessor – to the point where it's an extremely tempting alternative to a VW Up, and not just on price."
    Piers Ward of Top Gear gave the i10 a score of 8 out of 10, with his verdict being: "Yet another quality car from the Koreans. Cheap price, good design and with minimal compromise."
    Matt Burt of Autocar gave it four and a half out of five stars, calling it "one of the most accomplished and well-rounded offerings in the city car segment, and has road manners that would embarrass a few much larger (and more expensive) vehicles."

Mine is the again upped new version of those and improved,
    Since 2017 another upped version came out with just minimal changes, to bring it up to date.

It feels good, drives good, nips gas, and in my luxe version has all you want.
    German car quality for cheap price ;)

Did i mention it comes with a transferable 5 year warranty no mileage limit?
    So I still have 3 years and 4 months of warranty left..
    Last edited by PA5COR; 08-29-2018 at 04:28 PM.

"Where would we be without the agitators of the world to attach the electrodes
    of knowledge to the nipples of ignorance?" ~ Professor "Dick" Soloman

Yep, it's the 4th Hyundai in the family, 2 x atoz H200 or H 1 van 2.5 TD, and now the i10.
    The others served me well, never let us down and were cheap to maintain.For the gun intere
    Off to the gun shop, getting 2000 .22 Lr rounds for the next year sport shooting, nice round trip on the motorway of 100 miles.
    For the gun peeps, 2000 x Winchester super speed 40 grain copper plated all for 150 euro....
    Enough powder and stuff left to reload the .30 carbine and .357 M desert Eagle or .357M S&W revolver.

Two pedals or three?
    "When you want to know how things really work, study them when they're coming apart." -William Gibson
    "People Who Don't Want Their Beliefs Laughed at Shouldn't Have Such Funny Beliefs" -AD5MB
    "The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?" -KJ3N

Start a poll for guessing?
    "Where would we be without the agitators of the world to attach the electrodes
    of knowledge to the nipples of ignorance?" ~ Professor "Dick" Soloman

Stick.

Like that post was...
    Moving on, my posts are not helpful