Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Picked up my new wheels.

Yea, prolly.

My first reaction to the "Comfort" model was automatic
    Looked it up. Both transmissions
    "Where would we be without the agitators of the world to attach the electrodes
    of knowledge to the nipples of ignorance?" ~ Professor "Dick" Soloman

I'm done with automatic transmissions, my old Atoz had it and it drank fuel like a sailor.... 12 km's on 1 liter.....
    The new car has done 800 km's now and on average i get 20.1 km's on 1 liter fuel now.
    And i'm not even trying to follow the dashboard adviser to shift up, pulling up a bit longer in lower gear.
    Driving is mixed, city and some longer drives, were the cruise control can be used.
    Comfort just means added car radio with navigation build in, all windows electric start/stop system etc.
    Drove all my life in manual shifters trucks lorry;s and personal luxury cars, only had a Ford Capri 3 liter 6 pot for 3 months in automatic till i sold it for a nice profit....

Automatic transmissions here are still the minority, though they are getting more common with the new less fuel using systems.
    Fuel is expensive here, having a car with automatic shift means mostly more weight and getting into a higher tax band for weight of the car, higher Co2 emissions and more road tax.
    Less performance as well, and with the dinky engines here that would really make a crawler of it... my 1 liter engine is not made to put rubber stripes on the road, but it is good enough to get by in the city and comfortalbly on the highway.
    Doing 130 Km/H with 3500 rpm the 3 pot engine hardly can be heard.
    Yes i tested the max speed, the GPS speed was 168 KM/H max.... that is 38 Km over the max speed limit here.
    Automatic air conditioning off ....., i know you guy's are laughing your heads off now...;)
    But then it only weights 2000 pounds... or 908 Kilo's.

It is cheap and cheerfull, with my 10.000 Km a year i dont need an expensive to keep car, parts are cheap as is maintenance, 5 year warranty without limit in Km's and free inspection 2 x a year.
    Hyundai did a good job with the EU designed and build I 10 it drives like a much larger car.
    Now shopping around for new 4 season tires in 175x70 R13.... LOL
    Last edited by PA5COR; 09-19-2018 at 03:22 AM.
    "If the Republicans will stop telling lies about the Democrats, we will stop
    telling the truth about them." - Adlai Stevenson (1900-1965)
    “I’m not liberal/conservative, I’m anti-idiotarian.”
    At some point in the last 20 years, the left moved to the center, and the right moved into a mental institution

Speed demon.

Like that post was...
    Moving on, my posts are not helpful

Been there, got the T shirt and wised up
    Put on the protective coating of Sonax Polymer Netshield in Professional line.
    That protects the paint for the next 6 months.
    Easier as waxing and more durable too.
    Already added spare wheel etc, it came with compressor and some gunk to pt in the wheel if you got a flat tyre...
    I just don't trust that sh*t, so i wanted a full spare wheel and bought a new hydraulic 5 ton jack and put my tools in the boot.
    My snow chains will still fit the new car so they stay as well.
    Im 'set for winter....bet we won't get any now....
    At some point in the last 20 years, the left moved to the center, and the right moved into a mental institution

Winter will be short lived, but pretty pungent when it hits.

29th my new 4 season tires come on the car.
    Today the summer said goodbye, first Autumn storm, buckets of rain and temps under 20 C....

Quote Originally Posted by PA5COR View Post
    Yep, it's the 4th Hyundai in the family, 2 x atoz H200 or H 1 van 2.5 TD, and now the i10.
    The others served me well, never let us down and were cheap to maintain.For the gun intere
    Off to the gun shop, getting 2000 .22 Lr rounds for the next year sport shooting, nice round trip on the motorway of 100 miles.
    For the gun peeps, 2000 x Winchester super speed 40 grain copper plated all for 150 euro....
    Enough powder and stuff left to reload the .30 carbine and .357 M desert Eagle or .357M S&W revolver.
    COR, check out this Hyundai Forum: https://www.hyundai-forums.com/forum.php

My Hyundai Accent has 71,000 miles on it and my Sonata has 8,700 miles on it.

I know the forum as several other UK/German/Dutch fora i visit
    Thanks for the heads up.
    Last edited by PA5COR; 09-23-2018 at 03:43 AM.