Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is It All Fake?

Is It All Fake?

The subject of this posting is not political

I'm old.

Maybe, some of the readers can remember when TV commercials featured real people (that you knew) promoting and endorsing products and services. When shows had the disclaimer, "No animals were harmed in the making of this show?"

Fast-forward to today where, we have the technology to manipulate what you see on the screen via Computer Generated Imagery. There is no need for disclaimers because the Moose tangled up in the swing set isn't real, the squirrels in the trees are not real and, the Bulls running through the street in the insurance commercials aren't really "there".

CGI is used in commercials to make cars do tricks or appear to perform "Ballet" moves but, a disclaimer is flashed, "Do Not Try This At Home, Skilled Drivers on a close course!" What should be stated is, "This isn't real; never accept anything you see at face-value."

In the same manner the Orsen Wells manipulated the thoughts of the listening audience on the radio with "War of the Worlds", television shows, commercials and news broadcast are guilty of the same things.

17 years later, can you really trust the images you thought you saw on 9/11/2001?

Quote Originally Posted by koØm View Post
    17 years later, can you really trust the images you thought you saw on 9/11/2001?
    FDNY and NYPD might have a thing or two to say about that.
    "Everyone wants to be an AM Gangsta until it's time to start doing AM Gangsta shit."

Quote Originally Posted by N8YX View Post
    FDNY and NYPD might have a thing or two to say about that.
    No disputing the effects, just wondering about what was shown as the cause.

No disputing the effects, just wondering about what was shown as the cause.

The cause is discussed in my sig line.

cul de n8tb
    "Sadly, it always takes a few martyrs to get the ball rolling." Colonel Tim Boldman 2001
    "There are no differences but differences of degree between different degrees of difference and no difference."--William James
    "Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings." Victor J. Stenger

Quote Originally Posted by suddenseer View Post
    The cause is discussed in my sig line.
    I question what my eyes saw on television that morning in the same manner that I question the Farmers Insurance Company commercials.

I remember what I saw that morning and I remember what was replayed later. I remember what was said and I remember what was changed from what was said.
    Enough was made different, subtly that it appeared as though the timeline was changed from the day before.

Why are you asking here? You know what happened. What is it exactly that you wish to accomplish by opening up a discussion here?

The blue pill or the red one? Such a conundrum...

Like that post was...
    Moving on, my posts are not helpful

Quote Originally Posted by WZ7U View Post
    The blue pill or the red one? Such a conundrum...
    That is why I take the green ones.

cul de n8tb
    "Sadly, it always takes a few martyrs to get the ball rolling." Colonel Tim Boldman 2001
    "There are no differences but differences of degree between different degrees of difference and no difference."--William James
    "Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings." Victor J. Stenger

I question what my eyes saw on television that morning in the same manner that I question the Farmers Insurance Company commercials.

This is more entertaining than my cannabis fueled debates on existentialism.

cul de n8tb

Last edited by WØTKX; 08-25-2018 at 12:50 PM.
    "Where would we be without the agitators of the world to attach the electrodes
    of knowledge to the nipples of ignorance?" ~ Professor "Dick" Soloman