View Poll Results: Political Discussion Options

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Keep the political forum as-is, and make no changes.

1 4.55%
  • Make the current forum invisible to guests, but nix the idea of a new forum.

1 4.55%
  • Create the new forum, but keep the existing forum visible to everyone.

2 9.09%
  • Go with the new plan as outined... new forum and marking the existing forum invisible to guests.

9 40.91%
  • The nuclear option: Delete the political forum and rid us of politics altogether.

2 9.09%
  • Dance naked with a rubber hose and stuffed animal

7 31.82%
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: The political forum

Politics...

No matter what I say or how eloquent the delivery thereof, I probably won't convince the other guy of my point of view...and vice versa. We can agree to (civilly) disagree but at the end of the day the best we'll likely achieve is parity.

Which is why I spend my time playing with the tech side of the joint. I wouldn't want any of the Alpha Hotel (including the political forum) to go away, though restricting access is/was a good move. 'Not my cuppa tea' doesn't mean we shouldn't (or won't) serve yours...

My contributions are merely spark plugs, meant to ignite creativity in our current (and potentially new) membership. I have many pieces of equipment in the Project Pile. Maybe some will get completed in my lifetime...maybe others will be sold as the result of an offer I cannot refuse then modified or restored by fellow hams. A few select pieces will be repaired, restored and passed on to prospective amateurs/SWLs in the hopes of perpetuating this hobby.

One such example of the latter landed in the hands of a lady friend in the Columbus area, who - in addition to SWBC and Ute monitoring - is getting a kick listening to ...shenanigans... on 40 and 75M. Should she obtain a General license or above, a matching transmitter will be obtained, repaired and donated...and we might end up with another Islander to boot.
    "Everyone wants to be an AM Gangsta until it's time to start doing AM Gangsta shit."

"Any suggestions for a name for the new forum?"
    QRZ

I believe if it ain't broke don't try to fix it and I'm not a cat, I don't bury my poop. Well, if you want to bury it so be it then, but for my money you'll be stifling me your neighborhood grumpy old bastid. This is a democracy unlike America's where our choices are made for us and we're left with what we think is the lesser of two evils, here the majority rules and that's Evel. If creativity is going to be stifled on the new forum I probably won't bother reading, but we'll see. If I'm going to be buried like a cat turd on the old forum I probably won't bother writing, but we'll see.

In closing, it seems that the majority is pondering what the other guy may be thinking, just a bit of politically (sic) correct. The above opinion is entirely my own, written in my well known politically incorrect style, I am a minority. I'm the 8th Wonder Of The World too........ I've witnessed a few evolutions and am witnessing another, Shin Gogira lives!
    "The universe is under no obligation to make sense to you."
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

73 de Warren KB2VXA
    Station powered by atomic energy, operator powered by natural gas.

Make a new one, Hide it from guests. I don't like the hump in the white house either but I have not even been in there to read anymore due to the way it is now. I may or may not pop in there but there is only so much one can read of the same thing over and over before just saying screw it.

a yankee living in the hind end of the bible belt
    some people are like slinkys, not really good for anything, but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

Quote Originally Posted by kb2crk View Post
    Make a new one, Hide it from guests. I don't like the hump in the white house either but I have not even been in there to read anymore due to the way it is now. I may or may not pop in there but there is only so much one can read of the same thing over and over before just saying screw it.
    You speaks the truth.

I'm still shocked there is only 22 poll responses....

Like that post was...
    Moving on, my posts are not helpful

Quote Originally Posted by WZ7U View Post
    I'm still shocked there is only 22 poll responses....
    Video Facebook killed the message book show.

Dancing naked with attachments was a close second. There still is hope for this place.

cul de n8tb
    "Sadly, it always takes a few martyrs to get the ball rolling." Colonel Tim Boldman 2001
    "There are no differences but differences of degree between different degrees of difference and no difference."--William James
    "Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings." Victor J. Stenger

Quote Originally Posted by suddenseer View Post
    Dancing naked with attachments was a close second. There still is hope for this place.
    Shit I didn't see that option. Can I change my vote????

a yankee living in the hind end of the bible belt
    some people are like slinkys, not really good for anything, but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.