Politics...

No matter what I say or how eloquent the delivery thereof, I probably won't convince the other guy of my point of view...and vice versa. We can agree to (civilly) disagree but at the end of the day the best we'll likely achieve is parity.

Which is why I spend my time playing with the tech side of the joint. I wouldn't want any of the Alpha Hotel (including the political forum) to go away, though restricting access is/was a good move. 'Not my cuppa tea' doesn't mean we shouldn't (or won't) serve yours...

My contributions are merely spark plugs, meant to ignite creativity in our current (and potentially new) membership. I have many pieces of equipment in the Project Pile. Maybe some will get completed in my lifetime...maybe others will be sold as the result of an offer I cannot refuse then modified or restored by fellow hams. A few select pieces will be repaired, restored and passed on to prospective amateurs/SWLs in the hopes of perpetuating this hobby.

One such example of the latter landed in the hands of a lady friend in the Columbus area, who - in addition to SWBC and Ute monitoring - is getting a kick listening to ...shenanigans... on 40 and 75M. Should she obtain a General license or above, a matching transmitter will be obtained, repaired and donated...and we might end up with another Islander to boot.