Who are "they" and, what is "it" that they lost?

"They" are were my Cable TV / ISP.

What they lost were their minds and, a YUGE chunk of my business!

It started about 2 years ago when, the cable company went "Digital" and encrypted all TV signals, as a result of that move, every television had to be connected to a "Box" (at a cost) to de-scramble the signal; I went down to one television set connected to cable.

I received a letter stating that Television service for my "Bundled plan" would be increasing to one hundred bucks ($100.00 plus equipment lease fees and taxes ) per month for me to watch the two (only two!) channels that that interest me. Upon reading the letter, I snatched all the wires out and off the cable box and promptly returned it to the the company.

I dropped the phone line and, the cable television feed leaving me with only a Internet connection from the cable company.

Withdrawal symptoms from MSNBC were almost crippling until I found the shows I watched being streamed over YouTube; I can get a little bit of the fix daily between 9:00 pm and 11:59 pm.

The cable companies have overplayed their hand, I dropped from $200.00 monthly "TV-Phone-Internet" bill to $69.00 for Internet alone.