Thread: Parts sources for builders

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Happy Feets here:

http://www.budwig.com/product.html

Insulators and tilt bails too.
    "Everyone wants to be an AM Gangsta until it's time to start doing AM Gangsta shit."

Quote Originally Posted by N8YX View Post
    Happy Feets here:

http://www.budwig.com/product.html

Insulators and tilt bails too.
    Good outfit, local to me. They do have a rather large ($75) minimum order, though.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

Island Regular
    East of BirmingHam on the slopes of Oak Mountain Ridge.
    There are a couple good sources left in Silicon Valley. One is Halted Specialties, known mostly as "HSC" or just Halted. www.halted.com They've got a good website and reasonable shipping.

Excess Solutions is also a good place. www.excesssolutions.com Before I left Silicon Valley, gasp, 10 years ago in June, they had the best prices. The guy even GAVE AWAY discrete resistors, just for dropping into the store.

There's also a good parts outfit, Anchor Electronics, but their minimum mail order is $20 and they stick you with handling as well. Good prices, though, so if you order enough, it makes it worthwhile.
    www.anchor-electronics.com

There used to be some great ones, but they're gone. Haltek and RA Electronics. So cheap, some sold by the pound. I still remember buying tantalum caps for $1.50 a pound. I had to dig for them, though, and throw the 2N3055s aside.
    Last edited by W6EM; 09-19-2010 at 10:01 AM.