Thread: Stressed Moxon 6 meter antenna.

Stressed Moxon 6 meter antenna.

I recently installed this little 2 el yagi for 6 meters. I'm using it with a light duty TV rotator. Performance has been surprisingly good so far. http://www.parelectronics.com/stress-moxon.php

Sounds like a great idea! Stressed, sounded weird at first but if I had to perform that good in that amount of space I'd be stressed too. How much did it set you back George?

Like that post was...
    Moving on, my posts are not helpful

Quote Originally Posted by WZ7U View Post
    Sounds like a great idea! Stressed, sounded weird at first but if I had to perform that good in that amount of space I'd be stressed too. How much did it set you back George?
    $136 shipped.

I made a 6 meter Moxon a long time ago with PVC pipe and wire. Used it portable/roving

It kicked ass, but broke in a bad overnight windstorm, oh well

I had a 20 meter mostly wire Moxon as well, amazing for camping... I ran it vertical
    "Where would we be without the agitators of the world to attach the electrodes
    of knowledge to the nipples of ignorance?" ~ Professor "Dick" Soloman

Quote Originally Posted by WØTKX View Post
    I made a 6 meter Moxon a long time ago with PVC pipe and wire. Used it portable/roving

It kicked ass, but broke in a bad overnight windstorm, oh well

I had a 20 meter mostly wire Moxon as well, amazing for camping... I ran it vertical
    I have been doing some on air testing between the old 3 ring saturn 6 halo and the moxon. It's not even close. The moxon is so much better. There is a 6 meter beacon in Philly right across the river from me. When the antenna is pointed at it, the signal is around 10 over 9. Rotate it 180 degrees, and the signal drops down into the noise.