Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: What? A Double Standard?

The Clinton campaign hired Fusion GPS to find dirt on Trump. Fusion GPS had previously been hired by the RNC to find dirt on Trump. The RNC dropped the investigation when Trump became the nominee. We do not know for a fact that the Clinton campaign asked them specifically to look into Russia. It is just as likely that Steele, a contractor hired by Fusion GPS to find dirt on Trump (for the DNC), followed up what he found. It is not too unlikely that what he found was the Trump organizations financial and business involvement with Russia. You have no evidence that they hired Steele to specifically look into Trump's Russian connections. But Steele almost could not have avoided finding out about them.
    Last edited by hamguy; 08-12-2018 at 11:25 AM. Reason: clarify
    "I am a humanist, which means, in part, that I have tried to behave decently without any expectation of reward or punishment after I'm dead." -Kurt Vonnegut
    "People Who Don't Want Their Beliefs Laughed at Shouldn't Have Such Funny Beliefs" -AD5MB
    "The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?" -KJ3N

Quote Originally Posted by WZ7U View Post
    Looks like Russia will succeed starting a civil war in this country with all the Republican manipulation they are succeeding with.

I'm so sick of partisan politics....
    Yeah. And now we have "I'd rather be Russian than Democrat" t-shirts.
    Last edited by hamguy; 08-11-2018 at 10:00 PM.
    "I am a humanist, which means, in part, that I have tried to behave decently without any expectation of reward or punishment after I'm dead." -Kurt Vonnegut
    "People Who Don't Want Their Beliefs Laughed at Shouldn't Have Such Funny Beliefs" -AD5MB
    "The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?" -KJ3N

Quote Originally Posted by hamguy View Post
    Yeah. And now we have "I'd rather be Russian than Democrat" t-shirts.
    Thats because people are basically fucking stupid.
    Signature void - please reinsert credentials or call tech support

Quote Originally Posted by ka4dpo View Post
    So I assume you stopped hanging around drunk rednecks. Did your critical thinking skills lead you to that decision or did you just get tired of hanging out in the same bar?
    In this case, I left family to get away from drunken rednecks. The Greeks taught us how to think, you are counted in the, "mindless minions" who gladly accept being told what to think. Your lack of critical thinking skills, and also being totally unaware of your own cognitive biases speaks loudly. The early critical thinking skills qualified, and quantified by the ancient Greeks has yet to be overhauled. People are the same now as we were 2000 years ago, we only have the benefit of being on the top of a logarithmic rise over the run of combined technologies. We are here debating the same essential arguments that were popular in Aristotle's day. Your intellectual quality of life would greatly increase if you picked up critical thinking skills, and learn to avoid the traps of cognitive bias. Spend the next 2 years with a weekly visit to the 900 section of your local public library, or even the Library of Congress classifications at your local university. Right now, I live in the Dewey 900's, and class D, E, and F of the LOCC. Since you are apparently unaware that we are no smarter than the ancient Greeks who first taught us how to think, your knowledge, and cognitive dissonance on display speak volumes of your ignorance. Come back to the grown up's table after you read some real books (the older, dustier volumes). Quod erat demonstrandum.
    Last edited by suddenseer; 08-13-2018 at 01:07 PM. Reason: syntax

cul de n8tb
    "Sadly, it always takes a few martyrs to get the ball rolling." Colonel Tim Boldman 2001
    "There are no differences but differences of degree between different degrees of difference and no difference."--William James
    "Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings." Victor J. Stenger

Thats because people are basically fucking stupid.
    And so am I. Never tried to claim otherwise!
    Signature void - please reinsert credentials or call tech support

And so am I. Never tried to claim otherwise!
    You are arguing with yourself, and I argue with those that really are too ignorant to even comprehend what is going on, so I am fucking stupider!

cul de n8tb
    "Sadly, it always takes a few martyrs to get the ball rolling." Colonel Tim Boldman 2001
    "There are no differences but differences of degree between different degrees of difference and no difference."--William James
    "Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings." Victor J. Stenger