Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Stuck in the '70's

  1. #1

  2. #2
    Forum Addict WZ7U's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Upper left - CN86jc
    Posts
    3,440
    No RF induced maladies yet? Maybe 11 meters doesn't heat tissue up like higher freqs do. I think these contests are silly to the extreme. Now I've seen similar on You Tube and wondered how they move down the road with all those elements in place, unless they have to set up on site first. Oh boy.
    It must be an Ohio thing? I've never seen anything remotely like that out in these parts. Not yet anyway...
    Signature void - please reinsert credentials or call tech support

  3. #3
    Master Navigator
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Queensgate
    Posts
    1,771
    Quote Originally Posted by WZ7U View Post
    No RF induced maladies yet? Maybe 11 meters doesn't heat tissue up like higher freqs do.
    Plenty, they are dropping (if High Voltage didn't get them early, Leukemia is catching them now) like flies around me. I bailed on them in '85, 'tho I still go to the summer get-together occasionally. It doesn't pay to be a close (and repeated) spectator. I wish I had pictures of when the bracket broke and launched an alternator into the air.


    Quote Originally Posted by WZ7U View Post
    I think these contests are silly to the extreme. Now I've seen similar on You Tube and wondered how they move down the road with all those elements in place, unless they have to set up on site first. Oh boy.
    In the '80's if you could not drive it (with antenna attached) into the event, you could not be in the event; I guess everything goes now.

    Quote Originally Posted by WZ7U View Post
    It must be an Ohio thing? I've never seen anything remotely like that out in these parts. Not yet anyway...
    It's mostly a 4-5-8 Land thing, there are a few up in Jersey and Up-state New York.

    That event that is happening this weekend is in Chicago.

    ETA: That's where fellow who is famous for the 50 Kw + mobiles is from.

  4. #4
    Administrator N8YX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Akron, OH
    Posts
    25,196
    No Excuses...
    "Everyone wants to be an AM Gangsta until it's time to start doing AM Gangsta shit."

  5. #5
    Tribal Warrior n0km's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    DM67
    Posts
    235
    So is that guy married?

  6. #6
    Master Navigator
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Queensgate
    Posts
    1,771
    Quote Originally Posted by n0km View Post
    So is that guy married?
    "Bluegill" from Chicago, dunno.

    .

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •