So, I decided to give echolink a try. I downloaded the program onto my smart phone, went through the registration and validation jazz and within a few minuted I was good to go. The next day I made my first Echolink contact, a station up in Anchorage Alaska. He said I sounded okay but in addition to hearing my voice he could also hear every car and truck and even the kids playing across the street. I was using a bluetooth headset. Even with the gain way down the background noise was overpowering. He recommended I look into getting a noise cancelling mike and suggested a few brands that might be good. Seems like otherwise using Echolink on a smartphone tends to pick up a lot of background noise unless you have a decent noise cancelling microphonium,.

Just wondering if any of you have played around with Echolink on a smartphone and if so what type of audio config worked best for you in as far as signal to noise ratio ?

And yeah, Echolink is not "100% real radio". It's only half or "50% real radio". :)