Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Baby Jails are UN American!!!

Baby Jails are UN American!!!

You cannot convince me otherwise. I am talking about babies/toddlers taken from parents, who at the most might get charged with a misdemeanor. I have been charged with misdemeanors over the years, and no one came looking to take my kid.

cul de n8tb
    "Sadly, it always takes a few martyrs to get the ball rolling." Colonel Tim Boldman 2001
    "There are no differences but differences of degree between different degrees of difference and no difference."--William James
    "Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings." Victor J. Stenger

Angry National Disgrace

Amazing. Powerful. Disgraceful.

This is what we've become?
    'Murica - Government of the Rich, by the Rich, and for the Rich; Thanks to our supreme court of traitors, Citizens United v. FEC, and now McCutcheon v. FEC.

No. It's what they've become. And it makes us all look very bad.
    Signature void - please reinsert credentials or call tech support

The right wing noise machine is grasping at straws trying to compare service member's kids to these kids being ripped away from their parents.
    Fuck Trump and fuck the people who vote for him.
    RIP Albi
    When do you tell a woman you're a ham?
    Be blessed by the "Skip-Gods" and, be reflected back down into "DX-Land".
    -Mel

You can fuck him if you want Charles but I would lose all respect I have for you if you did.

a yankee living in the hind end of the bible belt
    some people are like slinkys, not really good for anything, but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

Master Navigator
    Before we give Trump the public lynching that he so much deserves, we need to be aware of some broader facts. This article tells quite a tale - https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/21/us/un...nvs/index.html

The highlight for me in that article is that there are actually over 13,000 kids in some form of detention. This process has been in operation for many years. These kids are only supposed to be held for up to 14 days, until they can be released to relatives, but that's not happening. Oh, there are all the reports of abuse, which usually happens when you incarcerate people. Also, Trump supporters who run private institutions are getting richer all the time.

So, I hate to ever give the Orange Mussolini any credit for anything, and I doubt that he is even aware of the plight of these 13,000 kids, and most likely wasn't looking for a way to resolve it. But, his 'negotiating tactic' may have done some good by bringing this whole mess to light. Hopefully, there will be a Democratic Congress next year that will do something to actually help the situation.

Meanwhile, Trump scuttled legislation that would have created a path to citizenship for the DACA kids. We're rounding them up and deporting them to a country they've never known as fast as we can. That's so humanitarian... And Congress passed a bill that will cut hundreds of billions of dollars from Medicare, Medicaid, and Social Security, and nobody even noticed.
    Last edited by K0RGR; 06-22-2018 at 05:31 PM.

They didn't notice because all the attention was on the detained kids issue. Which is where it should be, but when the cuts from Medicare, Medicaid and Social Security were brought up, it was usually page 5 or deeper. Which means the average 'murican won't even notice or care.
    Signature void - please reinsert credentials or call tech support

I care, and I vote! My primary ballot went in a week ago.

Yesterday, I met the candidate I voted for in the primary for State Treasurer.

Activism beats the rhetoric of nihilism.
    Last edited by WTKX; 06-22-2018 at 08:30 PM.
    "In America, politicians shouldnt pick their voters; voters are supposed to pick their politicians. - Barack Obama

Quote Originally Posted by KG4CGC View Post
    The right wing noise machine is grasping at straws trying to compare service member's kids to these kids being ripped away from their parents.
    Fuck Trump and fuck the people who vote for him.
    Jpegs/avi or it didn't happen.

cul de n8tb
    "Sadly, it always takes a few martyrs to get the ball rolling." Colonel Tim Boldman 2001
    "There are no differences but differences of degree between different degrees of difference and no difference."--William James
    "Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings." Victor J. Stenger

Quote Originally Posted by K0RGR View Post
    Before we give Trump the public lynching that he so much deserves, we need to be aware of some broader facts. This article tells quite a tale - https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/21/us/un...nvs/index.html

The highlight for me in that article is that there are actually over 13,000 kids in some form of detention. This process has been in operation for many years. These kids are only supposed to be held for up to 14 days, until they can be released to relatives, but that's not happening. Oh, there are all the reports of abuse, which usually happens when you incarcerate people. Also, Trump supporters who run private institutions are getting richer all the time.

So, I hate to ever give the Orange Mussolini any credit for anything, and I doubt that he is even aware of the plight of these 13,000 kids, and most likely wasn't looking for a way to resolve it. But, his 'negotiating tactic' may have done some good by bringing this whole mess to light. Hopefully, there will be a Democratic Congress next year that will do something to actually help the situation.

Meanwhile, Trump scuttled legislation that would have created a path to citizenship for the DACA kids. We're rounding them up and deporting them to a country they've never known as fast as we can. That's so humanitarian... And Congress passed a bill that will cut hundreds of billions of dollars from Medicare, Medicaid, and Social Security, and nobody even noticed.
    Apparently, the separation thing was the brainchild of the little nazi twerp Steven Miller. They have been separating children from parents since sometime last year. It was a highly secret policy. tRUMP, and his nasty little minions knew it was morally/ethically wrong hence the secrecy. tRUMP is proud of his policies, why was this secret? I have a sick feeling that there are already families who may not ever see each other again. There are plenty of couples wanting to adopt children. I wonder how many have already been secretly adopted out via private, religious institutions with sealed records.

On edit, the tRUMP tents went up quickly. One prison camp could be used for families. My understanding is families hitherto were housed together until the asylum/refugee hearing. They were treated fairly well (food, clean water, medical, etc) If their hearing was negative, the whole family was deported together.
    Last edited by suddenseer; 06-23-2018 at 07:58 AM.

cul de n8tb