Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Baby Jails are UN American!!!

Quote Originally Posted by WTKX View Post
    I care, and I vote! My primary ballot went in a week ago.

Yesterday, I met the candidate I voted for in the primary for State Treasurer.

Activism beats the rhetoric of nihilism.
    I vote twice a year, and in special elections. Sometimes, I wonder why.

cul de n8tb
    "Sadly, it always takes a few martyrs to get the ball rolling." Colonel Tim Boldman 2001
    "There are no differences but differences of degree between different degrees of difference and no difference."--William James
    "Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings." Victor J. Stenger

Master Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by suddenseer View Post
    Apparently, the separation thing was the brainchild of the little nazi twerp Steven Miller. They have been separating children from parents since sometime last year. It was a highly secret policy. tRUMP, and his nasty little minions knew it was morally/ethically wrong hence the secrecy. tRUMP is proud of his policies, why was this secret? I have a sick feeling that there are already families who may not ever see each other again. There are plenty of couples wanting to adopt children. I wonder how many have already been secretly adopted out via private, religious institutions with sealed records.

On edit, the tRUMP tents went up quickly. One prison camp could be used for families. My understanding is families hitherto were housed together until the asylum/refugee hearing. They were treated fairly well (food, clean water, medical, etc) If their hearing was negative, the whole family was deported together.
    This latest twist on it was Miller's, reportedly. But they've been separating kids since the 'W' administration. Obama's policy was to keep them together.

Here is what some of my right wing, Trump supporting, friends, are posting.

35788260_10216576543315697_6877988137079930880_n.jpg
    RIP Albi
    When do you tell a woman you're a ham?
    Be blessed by the "Skip-Gods" and, be reflected back down into "DX-Land".
    -Mel

Master Navigator
    The difference here is that these kids may have less chance of seeing them again. Under "W", kids who were separated from their parents were considered 'abandoned' and eligible to be adopted by Americans! I just read a story somewhere about a woman who's son was separated from her in 2005, I think, and the court just let his American foster parents adopt him. The mother hasn't seen him since.

How creepy is that? Stuff like that in our collective past is probably why we've been visited with the reality we have now.
    Signature void - please reinsert credentials or call tech support

Quote Originally Posted by KG4CGC View Post
    Here is what some of my right wing, Trump supporting, friends, are posting.

35788260_10216576543315697_6877988137079930880_n.jpg
    The BIG difference is that American military personnel know what they are getting into. The know up front that they may be separated from their families or vice versa and may never see them again if they are killed in combat protecting our dumb asses. They knew this when they signed up and while it's a heartbreaking picture, no one is forced to sign on the line in the all-volunteer military.

People who equate the separation of military families to the separation of families seeking a better life in the US are morons!
    "Don't put it on the plate if you can't eat it!"

Morons or not, it's crap made to fill the air. More shit to pile on in a never ending shit show.
    RIP Albi
    When do you tell a woman you're a ham?
    Be blessed by the "Skip-Gods" and, be reflected back down into "DX-Land".
    -Mel

'Never ending' being the operative phrase...

Master Navigator
    I scream BULLSHIT!!! so hard at least once a day that I'm afraid I will hurt my throat. Try to look past the clown in the White House to see what his cronies in the halls of Congress are doing to you while you are distracted. They are taking away anything that is of benefit to you.

Be careful, if you give yourself a medical condition over it, they will 'cover' you all right.
    trumpcare-or-america-every-one-will-be-covered-bors-the-14238320.jpeg

It's ok, I do too. I think most people with a brain do.
    Last edited by WZ7U; 06-25-2018 at 06:10 PM.