Thread: Gotta love these effin updates

Gotta love these effin updates

I know most all of you are more computer savvy than I, hence my grousing here. It seems Win X and Dell have decided I needed "updating", which seems to be altogether too frequent. Usually it fritzes the audio or a printer which is usually a quick tour through settings to get it to recognize something. Today, the screen grew a couple percent. I mean, all the icons at the edges of the desktop bleed out into no man's land as well as any webpage I view. I've been going through any settings I can think of and nothing seems to phase this. It's gotta be super simple, so have you all run into something as nefariously stupid as this on your system after one of these effing "updates"? Stupid shitass software these days!

Thanks for pondering my dilemma. I really hate it when they mess my shit up.

Like that post was...
    Moving on, my posts are not helpful

Oh, I notice too the font and size seem off as well. #%@$$&!*#@!

Like that post was...

"all too frequent" is usualy once/month, on "patch tuesday." and, honestly, you really do want this ... but if you think you know better go into settings and turn it off.
    "... and another thing about you democrats ... you all believe in science!" -- denny crane

1st one seems good fo sar. Still waiting on the second one.

I suppose I see the utility in doing this as necessary. I get fixing security holes. My main lament is not knowing how to put shit back, display and settings wise, to how I had it prior. It pisses me off when they make the borders disappear, and you can't find the tab to make the window smaller. Yeah, it's fucking windoze and I don't see that changing anytime soon. I just want my shit to work like it did before the patch.

I suppose that's too much to ask in this day and age.....

Like that post was...

I have been hit with daily updates to my Windows 7 for almost 4 months now! They could be trying to sneak something by me or not.It is very strange......but as long as Win 7 keeps performing for me I'll just let it go at that.......
    Why,driving into a brick wall at 60 miles per hour, would I expect it not to hurt! :roll:

Walk and Talk like a Canajun!!

Last week had a large update on W10, no changes in size of piccie on the 17"lappie though.
    Use Ctrl - to change font size or set percentage of sizing a bit lower.
    "If the Republicans will stop telling lies about the Democrats, we will stop
    telling the truth about them." - Adlai Stevenson (1900-1965)
    “I’m not liberal/conservative, I’m anti-idiotarian.”
    At some point in the last 20 years, the left moved to the center, and the right moved into a mental institution

Quote Originally Posted by VE7DCW View Post
    I have been hit with daily updates to my Windows 7 for almost 4 months now! They could be trying to sneak something by me or not.It is very strange......but as long as Win 7 keeps performing for me I'll just let it go at that.......
    It's WinX with a Win7 skin.

Quote Originally Posted by PA5COR View Post
    Last week had a large update on W10, no changes in size of piccie on the 17"lappie though.
    Use Ctrl - to change font size or set percentage of sizing a bit lower.
    Cor, I tried that. It did nothing. Then, as I was spooling up the search gizmo to start an all out balls to the wall blitz to figure this out, all of a sudden things started acting like they have been and should be. I use the control ± thing so my blind ass can see stuff all the time, but I've never seen it work on the desktop before. Was this divine timing? Or something else? Only the shadow knows....

Thanks for the input though. I knew I could trust you guys to come through. Till the next update, crossing all appendages...

i hate windoze

Like that post was...