Thread: Happy Birthday, Travis!!!

Happy Birthday, Travis!!!

My God! You're 31? Hope you had a happy birthday, big guy! Had to leave very early this morning, didn't get my usual time in here, so sorry for the late announcement.

Hope life's treating you well! Stay cool!
    QAnon / GOP Republicans mentally lack the necessary intelligence to even tell a decent lie (Ex: A cabal of Satanic, cannibalistic pedophiles run a global child sex trafficking ring and conspired against former President Dotard dRUMPf during his term in office... Jewish space lasers, etc.). What in the hell makes anyone believe these melon heads can actually govern?

Uh oh. Officially old and untrustable. Welcome to the club and HBD!!

Like that post was...
    Moving on, my posts are not helpful

Thanks all. Had a fun day yesterday. My wife and I went out for lunch, bought some plants for the garden and came home and did the cake/present thing. Then I proceed to season up my new Mauveil carbon skillet and make us some pan fried chicken breast with a pan sauce for dinner. :) Even got a new BBQ apron to break in while making dinner. :D

Carbon steel pans are wonderful btw. If you have never used one I highly recommend trying one. Cheap, lighter than cast iron and with a good season built up they are non stick. Great for making omelets and frittatas. Using carbon knives and pots/pans is something I picked up while living in Europe. Takes a little more care but it is rewarding, to me. :)

Hah, I guess that is the best part about birthdays. The older you get the more relaxed they are and the less you take them for granted. Just sitting at home, having a nice dinner and watching the dog obsess over the chickens is quite relaxing.

Anyway, thanks again everyone for the birthday wishes.

"A night sky full of cries. Hearts filled with lies. The contract: is it worth the price?"

Happy birthday Travis, hope you get tons more of them in good health ;)
    "If the Republicans will stop telling lies about the Democrats, we will stop
    telling the truth about them." - Adlai Stevenson (1900-1965)
    “I’m not liberal/conservative, I’m anti-idiotarian.”
    At some point in the last 20 years, the left moved to the center, and the right moved into a mental institution

Happy Belated Birthday, damn, you are getting old.

cul de n8tb
    "Sadly, it always takes a few martyrs to get the ball rolling." Colonel Tim Boldman 2001
    "There are no differences but differences of degree between different degrees of difference and no difference."--William James
    "Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings." Victor J. Stenger

Carbon steel may be high tech but it won't carry the authoritative "Thunk!" to the head that its cast-iron counterpart does.

Happy (belated) birthday!
    "Everyone wants to be an AM Gangsta until it's time to start doing AM Gangsta shit."

Quote Originally Posted by N8YX View Post
    Carbon steel may be high tech but it won't carry the authoritative "Thunk!" to the head that its cast-iron counterpart does.

Happy (belated) birthday!
    A 12 inch chefs knife to the back of the skull works just as well. Even if only using the spine...lol. Particularly if it is a good old French Sabatier with a thick metal bolster. I have cast iron too, in 10 inch deep, as it is great for cornbread and frying up a parted out chicken. I have a mix of carbon and stainless too. Enameled cast iron for braising meats. Just depends on the job. I don't do anything acidic in a cast or a carbon because it strips the seasoning and I don't want bits of my season in my sauce! Might not be harmful but it isn't appealing either.

And thank you everyone for the well wishes. Yes, I am getting old. No stopping that. It has its advantages, cheaper car insurance and not getting carded when I want a drink with dinner. Well, okay, that is about it. In 20 some years I can look forward to early bird specials and 20% off my meals though!

"A night sky full of cries. Hearts filled with lies. The contract: is it worth the price?"

Quote Originally Posted by KB3LAZ View Post

And thank you everyone for the well wishes. Yes, I am getting old. No stopping that. It has its advantages, cheaper car insurance and not getting carded when I want a drink with dinner. Well, okay, that is about it. In 20 some years I can look forward to early bird specials and 20% off my meals though!
    I am 58, and only get a 55 plus discount at one place, one night of the week. I found out that the waitress automatically gave me the discount because I look like it I guess, LOL!

cul de n8tb
    "Sadly, it always takes a few martyrs to get the ball rolling." Colonel Tim Boldman 2001
    "There are no differences but differences of degree between different degrees of difference and no difference."--William James
    "Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings." Victor J. Stenger

Quote Originally Posted by suddenseer View Post
    I am 58, and only get a 55 plus discount at one place, one night of the week. I found out that the waitress automatically gave me the discount because I look like it I guess, LOL!
    The waitstaff at our local places are very good about discounts. Many of the places simply have the menu for 55 plus that is the same food at a 20% discount. My dad was pissed the first time he got the senior discount.