Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It's grass fire season.

It's grass fire season.

Worked a small fire on Thursday. Us, 2 mutual aid departments, LEO for traffic control, WI-DNR and spotter aircraft. Used my drone for this aftermath photo.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I am surprised at such a sudden deterioration in a woman whose only ailment was a lazy anus.

Nice piccie.
    Only problems with the grass here is i have to mow it every week now, rain today so i can "see"it growing....
    "If the Republicans will stop telling lies about the Democrats, we will stop
    telling the truth about them." - Adlai Stevenson (1900-1965)
    “I’m not liberal/conservative, I’m anti-idiotarian.”
    At some point in the last 20 years, the left moved to the center, and the right moved into a mental institution

I wish we had some rain. We hit red flag conditions today. Fire danger is crazy high. Had another grass fire last evening, en route back to quarters our brush truck stopped to notify two places of the burn ban. Before we got back to the station we were dispatched to a van on fire in a garage. I'm just kind of laying low at the moment and hoping for the best.
    I am surprised at such a sudden deterioration in a woman whose only ailment was a lazy anus.

I am having a small grass fire as well. Attachment 15714

cul de n8tb
    "Sadly, it always takes a few martyrs to get the ball rolling." Colonel Tim Boldman 2001
    "There are no differences but differences of degree between different degrees of difference and no difference."--William James
    "Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings." Victor J. Stenger

Yeah, that's a better kind of grass fire. Not my thing, but to each their own.

This is near where I grew up and a bit north of my current location and easily close enough that we could be requested for manpower/apparatus. My niece lives close enough to have been evacuated. http://www.weau.com/content/news/War...481192281.html

Don't Bogart that joint, my friend
    Pass it over to me
    "Don't put it on the plate if you can't eat it!"

Quote Originally Posted by KG4CGC View Post
    Those drones are useful tools.
    Get a setup equipped with a release hook and use it to loft a leader line waaayyy into the trees, then pull the main line up with it - followed by your wire antenna.

One such aircraft is on my short list to buy.
    "Everyone wants to be an AM Gangsta until it's time to start doing AM Gangsta shit."

Quote Originally Posted by K4PIH View Post
    Don't Bogart that joint, my friend
    Pass it over to me
    I will gladly share my neuropathy damaged body medicine with you if you need it.

cul de n8tb
    "Sadly, it always takes a few martyrs to get the ball rolling." Colonel Tim Boldman 2001
    "There are no differences but differences of degree between different degrees of difference and no difference."--William James
    "Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings." Victor J. Stenger

There are some stunning 4K videos from drones on You Tube, and Daily Motion. Streaming is the only way I can enjoy a 4K ultra picture, for now. It does not seem that long ago that 1080i was the cutting edge, next will be 8K, 16K projected holograms? I am the dirty old guy who would use that ultra cool technology to get 4K vids of certain individuals who thought their 1/2 mile long driveway, and tree lined outdoor pool and nude sunbathing. The more reactionary ultra up tight they are publicly, the more public platforms the videos would be released on. No $ changing hands. Aint I a stinker?

Attachment 15726

cul de n8tb