Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: It's grass fire season.

I remember a dry summer when I was about 8 years old. There was a field fire, that the wind spread to acres of drying corn. Maybe a 66% yield if lucky kind of dry. The scorched, burning corn managed to hop across a 2 lane country road that we lived on to a spring wheat field. I vividly remember how good the smoke smelled like. It had the olfactory sensation of baking bread, and cooking hillbilly skillet corn in the kitchen. It reminded me of grammas kitchen on Sunday afternoon. The elements for the fire where there. It was very windy to blow the glowing embers around. I was so afraid that the flames would get the house, but the dried out vegetation burned out so quickly.

cul de n8tb
    "Sadly, it always takes a few martyrs to get the ball rolling." Colonel Tim Boldman 2001
    "There are no differences but differences of degree between different degrees of difference and no difference."--William James
    "Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings." Victor J. Stenger

I just keep mowing the effing lawn here, for a week we have 25C and sun, befoe that a bit of rain, so it just sprouts up like an idiot.
    (looking for the canister fuel and matches...)
    "If the Republicans will stop telling lies about the Democrats, we will stop
    telling the truth about them." - Adlai Stevenson (1900-1965)
    “I’m not liberal/conservative, I’m anti-idiotarian.”
    At some point in the last 20 years, the left moved to the center, and the right moved into a mental institution

rain here the last two days. Things are greening up nicely. Little bit of rain right now. Feels like a good time for a sandwich and a Leinenkugel's Grapefruit Shandy.

Been doing a little flying with my drone the last week or so.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I am surprised at such a sudden deterioration in a woman whose only ailment was a lazy anus.

If you need to test that thing under high heat conditions, and see how it does with some huge wild fires, I will be glad to be your south west testing platform.
    A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory

RIP ALBI-W3MIV RIP RUSS-W5RB RIP BOB-VK3ZL

Main telly is since a year the UHD 4K philips telly, and with satellite reception lots of nice 4 K channels after i bought the new sat receiver with 4 K...
    Using the additional output of the I 7 lappie i can also watch 4 K on the net or direct through the telly ( netflix Google play films, direct browsing on the net) so i'm set.
    Could not imagine what 8 or 16 K would add, piccie with 4 K and improved contrast is exccellent and you need to sit with your nose pressed to the screen for 8 or 16K to see the difference.

As almost 66 years old i'm impressed how much telly's improved from the tube sets running 900 watts for a dinky 66 cm's piccie to now 43/55/65 screens running superior piccies for 70 - 100 watts use.
    Even my laptop is full HD 17"
    Dumping the old plasma 43" immediately dropped my electricity use to 2500 KW on yearly use here, it did run 350 watts, the new Philips 43" uses less as 70 watts.
    even the new sat receiver uses much less energy as the old one.

Last thing to be replaced is the old Zanussi washing machine that is now 15 years old, but hey, it still works fine....;)
    "If the Republicans will stop telling lies about the Democrats, we will stop
    telling the truth about them." - Adlai Stevenson (1900-1965)
    “I’m not liberal/conservative, I’m anti-idiotarian.”
    At some point in the last 20 years, the left moved to the center, and the right moved into a mental institution