Thread: James Comey Interview

James Comey Interview

This happened after some of our bedtimes.

I watched him on my media goddess's show last night. It seems 2/3 of her questions he could/would not answer.
    Last edited by suddenseer; 04-20-2018 at 12:08 PM.

cul de n8tb
    "Sadly, it always takes a few martyrs to get the ball rolling." Colonel Tim Boldman 2001
    "There are no differences but differences of degree between different degrees of difference and no difference."--William James
    "Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings." Victor J. Stenger

Quote Originally Posted by suddenseer View Post
    I watched him on my media goddess's show last night. It seems 2/3 of her questions he could/would not answer.
    I watch both interviews and, I found his responses and his demeanor to be credible.

Of the 66% of the answers that James Comey decided that it would not be prudent to respond to were, "Rhetorical Questions" posed not to actually receive an answer but, to evoke thought in the viewer of the interviews.

I especially like Stephen Colbert's interview where, he tore out the three paragraphs that the desperate "Strumpets" were trying to use to discredit the whole book; then saying, "There's 181 one pages left, what about what they have to say?" (paraphrased by me).

Rachel's questions, for her audience who might have missed the first interview, were informative and entertaining but, she already knew after watching the Colbert interview that there were questions that he would answer and some that he couldn't.

As far as James Comey's integrity, he is beyond reproach, you may not agree with his decisions but, they were done to protect the agency's reputation in the face of an attacks from sources domestic, partisan and, foreign.

I believe that as a private citizen, he can author a book detailing his past especially when, he has had the book read and declassified by the U.S. Department of Justice.

Justice is a process, not an event; James Comey's book, notes and testimony are markers of progress or failures, it all depends on how you the reader wants to interpret it.

Master Navigator
    I find Comey highly credible. True, I was upset about his actions right before the election, but that can also be blamed on pro-Trump forces who 'found' the additional emails at that critical time. Now, we have Trump using his own private cellphone to conduct official business, and nobody gives the slightest bit of concern.

Comey don't plat dat!
    "Don't put it on the plate if you can't eat it!"