Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: W6OBB SK

W6OBB SK

Art Bell died on Friday the 13th...

art-bell-quits.jpg
    "Where would we be without the agitators of the world to attach the electrodes
    of knowledge to the nipples of ignorance?" ~ Professor "Dick" Soloman

RIP Art Bell, no more coast to coast. I enjoyed his programs on late night AM out in the desert.
    I thought religions were prophet based organizations.
    What do you mean I am out of money? I still have checks!
    Remember, amateurs built the Ark, professionals built the Titanic

At least he went on a day he could appreciate the humor of. RIP Art ... -.-

Like that post was...
    Moving on, my posts are not helpful

Never got to work him on the air but I understand he was a good op.

RIP.
    "Everyone wants to be an AM Gangsta until it's time to start doing AM Gangsta shit."

He was a little odd, but in a nice way. I had a lot of fun on late night winter group ragchews with him and others,

We all goofed with live web cams during QSOs, and he got a big charge out of me wearing that same tee-shirt.
    "Where would we be without the agitators of the world to attach the electrodes
    of knowledge to the nipples of ignorance?" ~ Professor "Dick" Soloman

Listened to the show for years ... back in the day. Never took any of it seriously but it was a good exercise in thinking about possibilities. Sci-fi and mystery, legend and lore.
    Listened in on one of his round table QSO's back in the ESSB daze and thought it was something neat to happen upon.
    I like to think he was a pretty happy guy. You could just hear it in the relaxed manner of his voice, consistent, for years.

I never worked him either..... I have heard him a couple of times on 80 meters but his biography reads as bizarro in any case.RIP W6OBB
    Last edited by VE7DCW; 04-14-2018 at 08:48 PM.
    Why,driving into a brick wall at 60 miles per hour, would I expect it not to hurt! :roll:

Walk and Talk like a Canajun!!

Makes me sad. Listened to him since his old show in Vegas used to skip into Chicago when I was a kid.

--
    So there I was, totally naked. With only a rubber hose and a stuffed animal...

I sent out a 'curiosity CQ' on my recently stretched E/W wire in the Advanced sub band on 75M, in fact my call was KG8HT. He answered my cq, and we chatted for about an hour. We hit it off when he found out about my BC engineering background. He sent a direct qsl which was weird because he did not even mention it. I felt obligated to return a direct. Being a tightwad, I learned the boro benefits years before. I did not need his state, or county. I heard his radio show a few years later when my local late nite picked it up in syndication. His voice is what I recognized. I went in the shack, and found his qsl card, it was him!! So I was a radio amateur, had worked him on the air, but did not know who he was (yet).

cul de n8tb
    "Sadly, it always takes a few martyrs to get the ball rolling." Colonel Tim Boldman 2001
    "There are no differences but differences of degree between different degrees of difference and no difference."--William James
    "Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings." Victor J. Stenger

Quote Originally Posted by KD8TUT View Post
    Makes me sad. Listened to him since his old show in Vegas used to skip into Chicago when I was a kid.

I've heard all about those kids that skip in Chi-town
    A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory

RIP ALBI-W3MIV RIP RUSS-W5RB RIP BOB-VK3ZL